1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am picking up my 06 today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kinged, Nov 23, 2005.

1. kinged

kinged New Member

My prius is definitely factory package. It is dark gray. It look different on the picture due to flash. But it is definitely darker and nicer in real situation.

2. NightRider

NightRider New Member

If someone will explain in simple terms how to post pictures, I will post pics of the 06 grey cloth interior to add to the great pics of the leather from Kinged. I tried awhile back to do so by using the "File Attachments" just as one would when sending an email with some pictures, but it did not work. Perhaps there was something wrong with the server or my comp? Is there another way, or is that how it is done? And do I have to do anything special to get it to post so that a viewer can "click to enlarge", or does the site automatically add that to any pictures posted?

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well I'm not an expert, but I think the size is dependant upon the resolution you send.
    We can always download them to our puters and size how we want from there.

But go to reply, and then browse at the bottom, go find your file on your puter, and click "add this attachment"
    To add another, repeat the process.. once done, click on add reply and your done!

Remember you have a 5 meg limit on your account as to what you can post.. so make them smaller, or be prepared to go into your account where you can browse your attachments and will have to delete them later to add more if you hit your limit.

4. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    kinged - Two More Questions

1. I stopped by my dealer today and saw an 06 package 4 with gray port installed leather. It was definitely darker than last years port leather, but there was no leather on the side and center arm rests and, natutally no leather steering wheel. Does the package 8 come with leather side and center arm rests?

2. After driving my loaner 05 Prius for 3 months, I'm in love with the comfort of the fabric seats. Can you make a leather/fabric comfort comparison? I'm worried that the leather seats won't be as comfortable as the fabric seats.

Thanks,

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

You know.. I don't have mine yet.. maybe someone who has package 8 can give the definitive answer... but it clearly states "steering wheel" at toyotas site http://www.toyota.com/prius/options.html

I don't know about armrests

6. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bump

kinged - Two More Questions

1. I stopped by my dealer today and saw an 06 package 4 with gray port installed leather. It was definitely darker than last years port leather, but there was no leather on the side and center arm rests and, natutally no leather steering wheel. Does the package 8 come with leather side and center arm rests?

2. After driving my loaner 05 Prius for 3 months, I'm in love with the comfort of the fabric seats. Can you make a leather/fabric comfort comparison? I'm worried that the leather seats won't be as comfortable as the fabric seats.

Thanks,

7. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have sat on both the fabric and leather. There are some who believe fabric is more comfortable, but it really is a matter of opinion. It is probably also influenced by your location, i.e. leather could be hot in a closed car in the summer. Your best bet is to get opinions in your local area not limited to the Prius, and use that as a guide.

8. kinged

kinged New Member

Answer to 1. There is leather on the center arm rest, and the steering wheel rim because they are the same as those on the seats. I have to look into my car about the sides.

Answer to 2. I have test drive the 05 without leather seats. The leather seats are definitely more comfortable for me. But one has to decide if it is worth the extra cost. If fabric seats seems more comfortable for you, then, you may choose to save money.

For me, it is definitely worth the extra cost because I enjoy the look and smell of leather. Also the leather is easier to clean. I figure I will be sitting on it for many years to come.

addendum: try this link for the pics I posted earlier.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=12886&st=90

it shows the area where leather covers, the leather looks much darker in life than it shows on the picture

9. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    From your pictures it looks as though there is leather on the door arm rests in the front and rear.