1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am SERIOUSLY having 2nd thoughts about the black

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Dec 25, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, we need a "Roadgrime Pearl Metallic" in New England

2. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Exactly what my mother told me in regards to the resale value. Black and silver are the biggies and usually sell with no problems. Red may be tougher so that definitely is a consideration when I do have to make my final choice. But I don't have much time being my black one should be in this week!!!! I highly doubt they will just have a red one waiting there for me in a package 8 with dark leather that could be sold. If I want red, I will probably have to wait longer :(

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh wow! An extra 7 grand! :huh:

4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, even in LA we so occasionally get rain- last year 3 times normal amount-
    Here is pic of the Driftwood of ours that probably needs mudflaps-
    at the Orange County Prius Club meets- it always the Black ones that you notice the dirt on - at Meguairs -it was the most obvious.. find a good weekly car wash in your area!
    [attachmentid=1568]

And send in your application for the Carpool sticker asap- you do not need license plates to apply. Black and the bright yellow stickers are visible.

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Its fun to compare the price differences.. I believe the leather is about 1100.00.. the NAV is about 1900.00 or so....

Here is the full attachment so you can compare....[attachmentid=1570]

6. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That picture shows black top tail lights on the 05, but my 05's are clear. Was that a modification?

7. jimgraffam

jimgraffam New Member

While you don't live in northern climates with lots of road dirt and road salt this time of year, I'd think the extra hot days would be a detractor of black as well.

Net-net... why focus on the outer micrometers of the car when there's so much on the inside to get excited about :D Good luck and enjoy.

8. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Those cars are parked in the compact spots, but aren't Prii generally classified as Mid-Sized? :p

9. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

But just crank on the AC in the summertime! Especially since it runs off the electricty!

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have an 05 manufacturered in August and it has black top tail lights (no modifications).

11. ThrillAddict

ThrillAddict New Member

My 05 black Prius doesn't have black top tail lights, and I haven't made any modifications. They are perfectly clear.

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hm. mine are black (produced feb 05). that's weird.

13. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

I always wanted a black car so I bought a black Nissan Maxima in 1986. I usually keep a new car for 10 years or more. I will never buy a black car again.

I also like red cars but they used to fade over the years. I hear that with new paints that is no longer the case. I hope not, we are waiting for our 2006 Barcleona Red, due in a few weeks.

14. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

What changed your mind on not liking black? (Just curious cause I'm thiking about black)

15. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i have black, just about 2 years...i like it. great when it's clean, easy to wash, needs it too often, but...the prius is like a wimp car to me, so i blacked everything just to be a superwimp, like a shrinking violet that's dangerous.
    (some of us are sicker than others).
    i blacked the wheels, the windows and some other stuff, tho i forget what. :angry:

16. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh I never though black and a wimpy color. I always though of black as powerful color. I know most of the BIG Packers players around her roll in black! Just BIG black trucks you gotta climb up into LOL

To me black is a sharp color. And if you keep it clean I feel it's a stand out car color.

Edited to add: Oh I see what you mean your call the Prius a wimp not the color black.

Boy what your doing sounds like your pmiping out your car ;)

17. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

18. keqmoore

keqmoore New Member

I had a black TransAm in the 80's (does anyone remember the "Knight Rider"...I know I'm 'dating' myself)...I hated it..HOT in the summer and with leather, COLD in the winter.

I will NEVER do that again

I have ordered a Barcellona Red, #7 with gray interior. Pick up 1/1

Yippee

How times changes.....it is all about the "geek" now

19. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea.... I used to be able to have drag races late at night without getting caught.
    And gas was no big deal....
    Yes, things are a bit different now... the only ones I see doing that any more are the ones with enough money that gas doesn't matter, and enough political clout that speeding tickets, getting your license pulled and going to court is a thing to laugh about.

20. sofsof

sofsof New Member

Windsprings, when are you getting your Barcelona Red (and when are you changing your avatar :))?

Getting mine (Barcelona # 8) delivered Jan. 2, unless we get the torrential rain we've been "threatened" with. Then - no Barcelona Red, no Rose Parade...