1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am thoroughly sick of this CRA....!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 21, 2006.

1. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 23 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]337052[/snapback]</div>
    ... and cloud the water when threatened!

Gosh, it's more fun to talk about squids than it is to continue this depressing topic.

By the way, next time I vote for president I'm voting for the one that passed World History.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The best three years of GWB's life?

Fifth grade.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 23 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]337052[/snapback]</div>
    Only if they're prepared right. Prepared badly they are tough, obstinate, contrary, and generally unpleasant.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All I hear are complaints so far, which is easy to do. How come no one has answered my question? Which BTW I have asked numerous times and have not received a well thought out answer.

What is your Solution?

A statement such as "the opposite of whatever Bush is doing." does not count.

Neither does appeasement, look at North Korea.

So far I have not seen one policy from the Demoncrats that isn't the same as or nearly the same as what Bush is doing right now.

I believe that the Conservative's will carry the election for that reason, i.e. bitter, spiteful complaints devoid of better ideas. Because the Left has none, I even heard one Liberal Talkinghead say that they didn’t want to put up their plan for the neo-con’s to criticize but as soon as they get elected into office they will reveal a superior plan to what Bush has done for the past 6 years. Sad really, the Far Left keeps saying how stupid Bush is and yet they haven't come up with squat for a National Agenda that isn’t the conservative plan with a few carefully chosen changes in the nomenclature.

Does anyone think for one second that if we withdraw from Iraq that thing’s will get better?

Here’s some reality for you. Since 9/11 not one attack upon American soil. The economy is booming like never before, price of oil is down and there is unprecedented job creation and employment.

Now the polls are showing a swing back by the undecided’s towards the Right.

Wildkow

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Oct 24 2006, 03:14 AM) [snapback]337217[/snapback]</div>
    You've gotta be kidding me. I didn't know clicking the "ignore" button on a country is the same as appeasement.

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Oct 24 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]337217[/snapback]</div>
    Bush has dug us into such a deep hole that there really is no satisfactory "solution." It's as though you had decided to try climbing a vertical rock face without any training or equipment. 100 feet above a field of rocks, the narrow ledge you were standing on falls away and you find yourself clinging to the root of a bit of dried-out shrubbery. The shrubbery starts coming loose from the crack where it's been growing. Now...

What's your solution???

However, I will tell you what I'd do in our present situation:

First, I'd apologize to the world, and especially the Arabic world, for Bush's immoral and illegal behavior. Then I would place Bush and Saddam Hussein in a fighting cage, televised world-wide, to beat the c**p out of each other. Then I'd turn over complete control of all U.S. and "allied" forces in Iraq to a commission formed from countries accepted by both sides as neutral. Perhaps Uruguay, Bangladesh, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, and Bali. (The actual list would be arrived at by negotiation.) "Allied" countries of course could choose to leave their troops in or take them out, but U.S. troops would remain as long as the commisson decided.

Therefore, I would not "cut and run," but I would completely remove U.S. policy-makers and military authorities from the process. Our government has demonstrated that it can only make matters worse, yet we don't want a power vaccuum. This would address both issues. It is not a "solution," because there is no "solution," but it addresses the principal issues at this moment.

Finally, I would committ the U.S. to paying for reconstruction, as we did voluntarily for Europe after WW II. The good will this would net us would be well worth the cost, and would probably be less than the cost of the on-going war. To help finance it I would aggressively prosecute the people who practiced deceit to get us into the war, and corruption in the assignment of war contracts. Those found guilty (whether individuals or corporations) would have all their assets confiscated. Corporations found guilty would have their stock nationalized, and individuals found guilty would have their property seized.

I repeat that I do not claim this would be a "solution." It would simply be the best way forward, out of an untenable situation brought on by incomparable stupidity, dishonesty, and corruption.

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Well said, Daniel. But before putting the shrub in a cage, he should answer some "tough questions".

9. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    For a minute there I thought we truly were on a new course with a State Department official saying (on al-Jazeera) that the U.S. had been "arrogant" and "stupid" in Iraq. Wow, that was almost half-way an apology for our arrogance and stupidity. Think how refreshing it was. Then the next day it had filtered down to him that he better retract his statements pronto. And we wonder why they hate us. We wonder why they want to kill us. Bin Laden and al-Qaeda were a fringe group, widely condemned by Muslims, by Arabs, by the world. Now they enjoy much more popular support, thanks to Bush. Remember the outpouring of sympathy the U.S. received after 9/11? It didn't take long for Bush to throw that away.

I was with Bush on Afghanistan. I thought the operation was well done. I was even with him on Iraq when he said Saddam had nukes and was consorting with terrorists. But Bush lied. Iraq's a mess largely because Rumsfeld ignored some good advice about troop levels. We gave the insurgents plenty of time and motivation to consolidate their position. With Iraq, Bush took his eye off Afghanistan and now the Taliban's back. I thought we defeated them in 2002?

Now we've got the monster of radical Islam to deal with. It's a shame we toppled Saddam's secular government - he was one of the ones keeping radical Islam in check (Remember the 8-year Iran-Iraq war?)

Don't ask me what the Democrats would do instead -- they don't have a clue either. But at least they didn't get us into this mess in the first place.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Oct 24 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]337300[/snapback]</div>
    If you wait for Bush to answer a "tough question" before putting him in a cage with Hussein, you'll never get him in, because Bush couldn't answer any question tougher than "What's one plus two?" And it's 50/50 whether he'd get that one right.

Nope. We already know the answers to the important questions: he's a lying scumbag who took us into a war that's killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people in a failed attempt to gain control of iraq's oil. He's a religious extremist who believes in torture and who does not consider himself bound by his oath of office to respect the Constitution. He values human life at about a penny a soul for non-Christians, and about a nickel for Christians and believes that "our savior is coming in all haste, and anything we haven't used will then have gone to waste," (to quote a song whose title I forget). He believes that it's his right as president to give sweetheart contracts to his pals' corporations (e.g. Halliburton) while refusing health care to the working poor and middle class.

What other "tough" questions would you want to ask him?

11. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I don't care.

Just ask him after being on a waterboard for a couple of days, naked with a doberman about an inch from his testicles.

12. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 24 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]337418[/snapback]</div>
    Bravo!!

13. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Oct 24 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]337610[/snapback]</div>
    You know, I never really had a problem with the waterboarding or doggies if it were a serious baddie, like al-Zawahiri or al-Zarqawi, but we sort of lost it when we started using those techniques on petty thiefs and carjackers. What intelligence is a carjacker going to give us anyway?

14. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Squid writes some of the best comedy threads. But when he descends into seriousness, he starts foaming, and... well, the only thing I can say about this thread is that it brings out some of the most stunning ripostes I generally see on the internet (Daniel). It's actually, in the balance, worth it. (!)

When Bush's own handlers start washing their hands of him, we'll know it's finally over. If we even get a next president who realizes that there *is* such a thing as fur-in policy, we'll have taken a big step forward.

I agree that reparations in Iraq are necessary, to rehumanize us in the eyes of the Arab world.

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Don't y'all get it????!!!!!

Obviously, everyone is hedging their bets towards new leadership at the White House! All these scumbags turning against Bush, are simply jockying for position in 2008!! The ONLY person holding the course (so far anyway) is Bush and whatever supporters he has!!! If anything, I give the man EVEN MORE credit!

16. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank God, heaven, Allah and the law of universal gravitation, we *don't* get it!

:lol:

(edit: Why the heck aren't you rooting for Zod for president? You know the website I'm talking about...)

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 21 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]336256[/snapback]</div>
    Squid~

Give it 10-20 years and Al quida will be hear in the US running things with a liberal twist....
    As they will give them the golden keys to the cities as they are the victim and not ourselves.. :(

Hopefully I will be dead when that happens.. :rolleyes:

Geez there it is, give the country away... That just explains it.. The complaints will continue to spew our of their mouths until some one stands up and either takes away the right to free speach or collects all of the complainers sends them to a 3rd world country with nothing but the clothes on thier backs for 2yrs then they will realise how good they really have it here... Wheres that darn waabulance when you need it? :lol:

18. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Oct 24 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]337738[/snapback]</div>
    Which brings us to the neo-con perversion: Torture everybody brought in for questioning, or you might miss something. After all, if they are questioned, they are terrorists until proven otherwise. And the torture *clearly* shows every one of them is a terrorist. They admit it.

People who favor torture assume it will always be used on 'bad guys' only. They fail to grasp that it falls to the torturer to decide who the bad guy is. He is non too picky, since he gets browny points for sought after information, and a wave for torturing innocents. That of course presumes the torture isn't done as a simple pleasure.

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As I suspected no solution from the left. No leadership either. <_<

Wildkow

p.s. How bout that economy! :)

20. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Oct 26 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]338693[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, how about that economy, four of the nations six largest airlines have been or are in bancruptcy, Ford, largest losses in history, GM record losses. 46,600,000 people without health insurance, while medical costs are rising at four times the inflation rate. But oh yes, corporate CEO's have enjoyed 36% (ave) wage increases over the past six years. And we can't forget only 4% unemployment, except they don't tell you, when your unemployment runs out, you are no longer counted as unemployed.