1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am thoroughly sick of this CRA....!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 21, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    MS,
    Can you not see that you are the ultimate success story for the terrorists? Your reaction is EXACTLY the response they hope to exact on Americans. They want us in fear. They want us doubting one another. They want us to shake in fear to the point that we throw away our own beliefs, values and laws.

Those of us who opposed the invasion of Iraq and, in many ways, the current handling of the situation in Iraq feel that way b/c we love what our country stands for. The values and beliefs that our forefathers instilled in us through our constitution. To sacrifice those out of fear is the ultimate victory for terrorists. We need to fight them, no doubt, but we need to fight them together. We need to fight them in a way that gains world support, not in a way that pushes them away.

You can put me up against the wall too, if you like, but in the end, when you've completed your own version of ethnic cleansing (much like Sadaam) what you'll have left is a bunch of terror stricken anarchists with no foundation and you'll be ripe for the pickings of the organized masses.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 30 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]340597[/snapback]</div>
    Totally off base...

Success stories for terrorists are being printed in the newpapers every day about about the ever growing chorus of those complaining about Iraq, with talks of pulling out having being shot around for months now. THAT is success for terrorists...

WE don't doubt, those whom agree with you do, for your own reasons (which I think, are ultimately irrational). YOUR doubts, YOUR lack of support, YOUR lack of enthusiasm has ultimately expressed itself into this crappy situation.

As for "world support", HA. "World support" left us hanging prior to Iraq, no one country should have "veto" power, and I totally agree with that...

I think one of the core philosophical problems many of your side buy into, is that you can ultimately use "diplomacy" to solve any problem, well, you can't. It's only a matter of where you draw the line...

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]340623[/snapback]</div>
    You should doubt. It was clear to many people from the beginning that this war was unnecessary to fight. Then to compound the error, the military was shortachnged on the number of troops to use by Bush and Co. All of this is documented in news reports, documentaries and books written by the people involved.

So yes. Now we should have even MORE doubt about anything this administration proposes.

By the way, doubt has no connection or magical power over the troops on the ground. Troop numbers do.

4. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Oct 30 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]340636[/snapback]</div>
    The war was NOT unnecessary. Just because you and a percentage of the population believe so, does not make it so.

Regardless of what happens with the next administration, I am thoroughly satified with a few things:

1. Bush had the resolve to not let France and Germany stand in the way.

2. Regardless of whether or not you believe the war in Iraq was warranted, Bush sent a message to the rest of the world: F with us, and US troops will be knocking down your door. In th end, 9/11 lead to a full invasion of TWO countries, toppled TWO governments! :D One for each tower I suppose...! Now, North Korea and Iran are paranoid as all hell we're going to end up showing up on their doorstep.

3. Any country that gets wind they may be harboring a group of terrorists about to pull something big on US soil, is going to be a little paranoid holding onto such hot potato.... I really doubt, someone is going to hold up their hands, Taliban-esque, and proclaim, "Yes, we are harboring him, and no you can't have him." At least, not without thinking about all the bombs they're going to attract...

As far as I'm concerned, GWB is one of the BEST Presidents to ever inhabit the White House. I can only hope the next President measures up.

Bush and his administration has stayed the course, and accomplished what they've needed to.

I proclaim the adminstration of the Bush years a spectacular success. B)

[​IMG]

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]340649[/snapback]</div>
    For some reason this frightens me more than the "up against the wall" nonsense. :blink:

"We’ve never been stay the course, George!" - President Bush to George Stephanopoulos, 10/22/06

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]340623[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure that none of the stories for terrorists have a thing to do with the number of dead US soldiers...
    Your total misunderstanding of what terrorism is and does to it's enemies is very clear in what you write. You'd rather attack a countryman than admit a mistaken strategy...worse, you refuse to consider the possibility that a mistake was even made.

You can proclaim all you like, but you provide nothing in the form of information, evidence, statistics or even military successes to support that claim. Of course I'm just as stupid for thinking there's some way you'd ever see reason and intelligent discussion as a substitute for blind faith.

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]340649[/snapback]</div>
    SoSOSad! One day when/if you become of an independent mind, not easily manipulated, you will look back on such posts with embarrasment.

8. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 30 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]340658[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

"mistaken strategy", I love the way you speak of it as gospel, how ironic.... as if it were somehow unequivocal truth Iraq was one big mistake, no threat to us, no WMD's.... We've been through this before in other threads, the bottom line is, you believe, you have FAITH Iraq was wrong, with no real "evidence" to support what we did. Just how one dimensional is that... thinking there must be some form of "evidence", perhaps even waiting until "evidence" expresses itself in the form of another 9/11 before you and your crowd will actually acknowledge, "Gee ya think?".

There's no agreement or compromise with your BELIEF, when not seen through your glasses, you'll call it unreasonable, irrational, etc., which is fine with me, which is ultimatley why I dont' even bother presenting any form or research. Your conclusions have already been drawn, and instead of fists, we head on down to and settle it at the voting booth....

9. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]340649[/snapback]</div>
    I get it. This is Stephen Colbert! He's just being sarcastical guys!

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Alric, you're a riot! So then, this is all just sarcastiness!

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [attachmentid=5537]

Is he enjoying this just a little too much?

I mean the bird, sillly!
    [laughing]

Attached Files:

12. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 30 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]340888[/snapback]</div>
    No wonder he was worried about human-animal hybrids

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=w060130&s=frank020106

Human-animal hybrids. Bad news, minotaur fans. The president called for a prohibition on "the most egregious abuses of medical research" and singled out "human-animal hybrids." Now wait a second, Mr. President. What if we could have dog noses and hooves instead of feet? Surely that would give us a great sense of smell and also reduce shoe prices. Bush will face a lot of opposition on this bill. After all, without egregious abuses of medical research, Joe Biden's hair wouldn't be possible.

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think I've finally got Mystery Squid figured out:

He really is very clever and self-sacrificing in a noble cause. Like the spy who becomes a deep mole and lives his entire life pretending to be a loayal servant of the enemy while actually undermining his supposed masters by feeding them false information and deliberately misunderstanding their orders and doing the opposite of what they wish, Squid is pretending to be a conservative supporter of Bush, publicly exposing himself to humilliation, but only to "defend" Bush with such obnoxious arguments that anybody on the fence, reading Squid's defenses of Bush, will invariably turn away from our lamebrain president and vote for the opposition.

Democrats lambaste poor Squid, who by his own choice of tactics cannot defend himself; conservatives applaud him, to his chagrin, yet he must bite his tongue, and this most noble of all liberals has for sole consolation only the knowledge that undecided voters everywhere, reading his words, will turn away from his public persona and vote democrat.

Bravo, Squid!

Oops. I've blown his cover...

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 30 2006, 07:05 AM) [snapback]340597[/snapback]</div>
    I have no doubt your example is what they wish us to feel. However your scenario has not panned out and the effect has been the exact opposite. Witness Libya's surrender of all it's WMD's.

I can't tell exactly what you're trying to say in the last paragraph but if you're tying the USA together with genocide and what is going on in Iraq, that is specious at best. Indeed the condition of the Iraqi people will be exactly as you describe but not because that is how we will leave it but because that is what was there to begin with and will only change if we are successful in bringing democracy to the area. The greater majority of all Muslims in that region and especially the Iraqi’s are citizens of autocratic, dictatorial or subjective monarchial regimes. They have been forced into a system that has denied them basic rights such as self-rule, private property, security, freedom of religion, freedom from want and fear etc. The USA is the only country in the history of that region that is doing it's best to bring freedom to the area. Freedom isn't free its cost is blood and only the ones willing to pay that cost deserve it or will obtain it. The Liberals since the 70’s have completely abandon the ideals that, as you call them, “neo-consâ€, preserve today, here below are some of those ideals as put forth by one of the greatest Presidents of this nation read them it might jog your memory. In fact read the whole speech it has points eerily similar to today’s.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/f...ourfreedoms.htm

In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.
    The first is freedom of speech and expression -- everywhere in the world.
    The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way everywhere in the world.
    The third is freedom from want, which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants -- everywhere in the world.
    The fourth is freedom from fear, which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor -- anywhere in the world.
    (read Iran's & NoKo's nuclear ambitions)

We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization. Franklin D. Roosevelt

If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other. Carl Schurz

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Oct 30 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]340636[/snapback]</div>
    Well you are quite wrong in this regard. Troops with less/no doubt and thus higher morale have throughout history defeated those in greater numbers.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 30 2006, 09:09 AM) [snapback]340654[/snapback]</div>
    That's a nice snippit to support a POV your trying to put across. But how about a little context? I think he may have been referring to tactics which change according to the situation. What you are trying to pin on him is the course of the whole mission over there which is to rid the world of a madman that was a threat to all. On that he is firm and willing to stay the course until successful.

Wildkow

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Oct, 09:47 PM) [snapback]341073[/snapback]</div>
    Wildkow, while this may be true in some instances, you surely don't advocate low troop levels with high morale as a viable strategy in Iraq do you? Is that what this whole debate has been about? Does the admin think it's ok to have low troop levels as long as the morale is high?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Oct, 09:53 PM) [snapback]341073[/snapback]</div>
    Then.... mission accomplished, no? Time to bring the troops home.

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Oct 30 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]341083[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. I don't advocate that and in hindsight there probably should have be more troops. But the reasons are not clear and BTW there are/were Generals on both sides of the troop level debate.

I don’t think the mission is accomplished although I think the time is nearing that the Iraqi’s should take over for themselves and let our troops come home. Nation building is or can be a long drawn out business. Look at the amount of time it took after WWII and there was no insurgency. Just because the results so far don’t fit the time table we want, should we just “Cut N Run†and leave the country open to the madmen of terrorism and/or that madman in Iran? Because I can guarantee you that Iran will be there in a heartbeat should we pull out. The way things are going seems eerily similar to the South Vietnamese and their willingness to fight for their own liberty. But then again without decent communication from either the White House or the MSM I don’t have enough info to make a truly informed decision. Neither does anyone else outside the intelligence loop.

Wildkow

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 30 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]340888[/snapback]</div>
    Wow someones doing a Fowl Job, and its not the president.. Gross picture depicting beastiality on a humorous slant.. :blink: :huh: :rolleyes: :lol:

[​IMG]
    Have a safe halloween & take the extra candy to work, let your coworkers get fat ;)

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 30 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]341072[/snapback]</div>
    Yes...I see it now...all hail Mr. Squid!!!!

19. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]340649[/snapback]</div>
    Umm...F with us? How did Iraq F with us? The only message Bush sent to the world is that I'm willing to F up my own country to fight the guy that wanted to beat up my dad.

And you think Kim Jong Il and Iran are paranoid/scared of us? Are you f'in' crazy? If either one was scared of us, they would NOT have gone as far as they have with their nuclear (or nucular, depending on your slant ) programs...just as a reminder, we ain't done jack to stop either one. In fact, with Kim Jong Il, we made a threat and didn't follow through.

Reminds me of the game you play at the beach--draw a line with your toe and say, "I dare you to cross it." When your opponent crosses it, you go "Oops, my bad...I meant cross this line" and draw another one further away and so on and so on...

But I figured Dubya out the other day. Back in '98, the whole fam was sitting around Kennebunkport. Senior started talking about how it sucked that he didn't get re-elected in '92, and he didn't want the legacy of being a bad president. Dubya said, "Well, Dad, I can take care of that for you." So, he convinces the uninformed to vote for him, then proceeds to have the single worst reign (and yes, I said reign) of the 20th and 21st century combined. That way, no one is talking about his dad being a bad one, too. I'd take 10 of Senior's administrations if I could erase his son's past 6 years.

20. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 30 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]341072[/snapback]</div>
    So do I. Like that dbermanmd character, he's a freaking troll.

And, apparently, quite a good one, considering how many replies he gets to the inane and incomprehensible logic he prattles on with.

But then, I suppose that's also par for the course for virtually every supporter of GW Bush that I've ever encountered.