1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am thoroughly sick of this CRA....!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 21, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Oct 31 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]341683[/snapback]</div>
    I think it is Kent (but I am not absolutely sure) in King Lear, who says something along these lines: Never say things are at their worst. They can always get worse still.

In the same vein, don't say W's presidency is the worst the 21st century will offer, because it could get an awful lot worse, and I expect it will. The trend ever since the industrial revolution has been ever more concentration of wealth, and with it more political power in the hands of the wealthy, who use that power to further increase their wealth. The exploitation of resources and people is the means of accumulating wealth, and constant restriction of freedom is the key to ever-greater control and exploitation of labor for the increase of profit.

Therefore I'd expect things to get steadily worse, regardless of which party is in power. GWB may be the lowest step to date on the descending staircase, but the people behind him are still building that staircase, and won't be satisfied until, like the Tower of Babel in reverse, it reaches hell itself.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 1 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]341766[/snapback]</div>
    Well nicely put Daniel, I couldn't agree with you more.....

I think the GW haters are just complainers in general, and feed off of GW like Rush feeds on the Clintons.

The uninformed must be a large group to vote him (GW) into office twice. :rolleyes:

I look at it as it really isnt about different political parties anymore, its whom ever seems the lesser of the two evils & doesn't try to promise their way into the white house.

GW has done a good job while in office, and as daniel said "it could get an awful lot worse, and I expect it will". is a true statment the gov. is in a downward spiral of Greed & Power.

I just hope & pray Im dead before it hits rock bottom....... ;)

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Oct 31 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]341683[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, YOUR world maybe...

What kind of idiotic-crack-induced logic is this? :blink: The REASON they're building up and rattling their sabers is because they genuinely fear we're going to go far enough to either/or start dropping bombs/invading/etc. They've been called the "axis of evil", and Bush invaded two countries... They think, and rightfully so, they could easily be next, hence the build up...

man, your logic in this respect is sooo off base even I'm surprised....

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 1 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]341820[/snapback]</div>
    And by your "logic" this is a good thing that they're building nuclear weapons? MS, you're walking all over your own comments.

5. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 1 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]341829[/snapback]</div>
    Of course not, where did I say, imply, or draw some logical connection, to a "positive" taint on building nuclear weapons?

Of course it's not a good thing! It's too late for looking back on the how and why's at this point, arguing about how this or that could have been prevented with respect to this or that... My argument is nothing more than their fear of us ultimately resulted in such actions, more so after Iraq, you want to ask the further question why they fear us, well, that's a whole new truck load of sphygmomanometers... :D

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 1 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]341834[/snapback]</div>
    Post #103 in this thread...your response to:
    Was:
    Maybe you're not saying this is good, but you seem darn proud of the fact that we've induced the world to step up their defenses to the point that we're on the verge of another cold-war type of stand-off. Is that your idea of a successful forign policy?

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 1 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]341837[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the problem:

successful foreign policy is, in essence, everyone living together in peace, tolerating this or that whatever, (insert lyrics to the Beatle's Imagine here), etc.

Reality: it just ain't possible at this point in time, nor in the near future, and IMO, only possible after WWIII destroys half the planet, or the entire world learns to read...

So (IMO, of course), there is NO successful foreign policy to be implemented for such countries under current conditions. You're always going to have to face down/stand off with some country for something.

I'm not saying, abandon all hope and don't try, but at the same time, I'm a *realist* and acknowledge the very real possibility there may not be any "foreign policy" sufficient to keep the tides at bay...

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Success" can be judged at many different levels. I'm not using some Utopian society to define success. I'll talking about generally peaceful cohabitation. Where each country supports one another in suppressing uprisings via various sanctions, diplomacy, and, as a last resort, military means.

But when one deems a policy successful by inducing another country to test a nuclear weapon by means of making them that fearful of invasion that they feel it necessary I guess I'm going to take exception to your definition of "successful".

9. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    May I suggest that success can be measured when you achieve in reducing the amount of human suffering and improve the human condition. Hundreds of thousands of people killed are clearly a failure in my book.

10. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 1 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]341845[/snapback]</div>
    I'm obviously talking about something different... :rolleyes:

No one deemed any policy a success, and inducing is clearly subjective from your standpoint...

see, cut it out, stop making inferences and filling in gaps to things that aren't there!

11. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 1 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]341820[/snapback]</div>
    You calling my logic off-base means that I'm on target. Thank you!

And, btw, "Imagine" was sung by John Lennon, not the Beatles. Yay!!!! An off-topic comment!

12. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 1 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]341829[/snapback]</div>
    He didn't say it's a good thing they're building nukes. He just said that it's all Bush's fault.

13. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 1 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]341978[/snapback]</div>
    So what?

They both suck.

I don't differentiate between turd 1 and turd 2, it's still a turd. ;)

14. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 30 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]340649[/snapback]</div>
    ... at making Clinton look good! :lol:

15. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Nov 1 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]342327[/snapback]</div>
    Amen...

16. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Nov 1 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]342327[/snapback]</div>
    ...at making NIXON look good!

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 2 2006, 09:15 AM) [snapback]342598[/snapback]</div>
    How far we've come. Downward!

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 2 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]342598[/snapback]</div>
    At making Joseph McCarthy look good.

19. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 2 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]342756[/snapback]</div>

...and of course (this one has to come from ME), makes....

[​IMG]

LOOK GOOD!!!!

20. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 2 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]342781[/snapback]</div>

Since you raise the subject, here is an interesting article about the connections between the Bush family and the Nazis.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...;articleId=3558