1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am thoroughly sick of this CRA....!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 21, 2006.

1. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 2 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]342807[/snapback]</div>
    Throughout history, even at their lowest point, demigods will always have supporters. Nixon, McCarthy, Hitler, Stalin - they all had loyal followers to the bitter end.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Squid thinks G.W. Bush makes Hitler look good? That's rather a reversal, is it not? Some of us have been saying that Bush makes Clinton, or Nixon, or Joseph McCarthy look good. Squid crosses the aisle, joins the extreme radical left, and says that Bush even makes Hitler look good.

The man is definitely off his medication.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Six years of a Republican President, with a rubber-stamp Republican House and Republican Senate, and the War on Terror mess is all the fault of.. the liberal media? Squid, you're in pathetically deep denial. By the way, "stay the course" has cut and run. Didn't you get the memo?

At least there are no blow jobs being given by adult female interns to the President in the Oval Office. That we know of. Praise Jesus!

4. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Nov 3 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]343217[/snapback]</div>
    Just wait a few years for all the details of the "Jeff Gannon" aka James Duckert relationship to come out, pardon the pun.

And does this look like the aftermath of a Hoover Maneuver or what?

[​IMG]

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 3 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]343233[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

6. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Oct 22 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]336460[/snapback]</div>
    I know that I'm coming in late here but, is it normal for a statement like this to come from a board member and NOT get challenged or at least get a serious drumming out by the moderator? Disagree with someone's opinion all you want, but advocating violence against one for their political opinions should be grounds for a temp suspension at the least.

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porky Pine @ Nov 3 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]343243[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, this is kind of par for the course here in FHOP. A couple of the moderators have contributed to this thread. They really only step in if things get way out of hand ... which doesn't seem to happen too often.

8. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porky Pine @ Nov 3 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]343243[/snapback]</div>
    You made me look, and the second time I saw that particular utterance, I put that poster on the ignore list. Once might be a joke, after all.

9. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 3 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]343264[/snapback]</div>
    The function of the 'ignore' list is not to be underutilized. There are a couple of posters on here who only invent statements which ignore all logic and facts.

The "ignore' Button is like a Prius. calming. Remember the first couple of times you pulled up to a light and the car turned off and you immediately felt an "ahhh" stress release at not having the undercurrent of the ICE running needlessly? You may have not even known what contributed to that "ahhh" feeling at first, only knowing you felt it. The "ignore"feature is just as valuable. You can then read posts from the rest of the community without that dreaded feeling creeping forth knowing that one of the chosen posters was about to say something totally without merit and contribute to your stress. You read and say what you want, but have the insurance of the 'ignore' feature to weed out the most ridiculous underhanded statements based on nothing but hot air. Just putting 3 posters on 'ignore' has brightened up my day considerably. As I have stated before, I relish good, in depth discussions, especially by anyone who has an opposing viewpoint to my own. This gives me an opportunity to understand and grow, and a good discussion is the spice of life. However, those who simply spout drivel to shore up their egos, who needs it? My life is too full of good stuff to be constantly dragged down by know-nothing blow hards. I, personally, use the 'ignore' feature on just a few posters for stress relief, not to eliminate all who offer well thought out (opposing) views. What fun would life be if we all agreed on everything?

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 1 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]341785[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure GWB is a top tier president. But I do believe that the vociferous and sometimes irrational opposition his administration has received has done a lot to contribute to the mess we're in now. And it's not endemic just to this administration; I think this dynamic has been increasing in severity for years and years now.

I feel like someone (or some group of someones) has to give someone else (or another group of someones) the benefit of the doubt -- even if it hurts in the short term -- to prove that there is still an opportunity for communication and compromise.

Otherwise we'll be stuck in this Catch-22 of distrust.

11. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 3 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]343279[/snapback]</div>
    I LOVE IT!

Time and time again it holds TRUE!!!!

The leftists are the FIRST to block their ears AND insult!!!

:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porky Pine @ Nov 3 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]343243[/snapback]</div>
    look, it's far from a literal "threat".... it's a figure of speech meant to emphasize an extreme.... :ph34r:

12. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 3 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]343375[/snapback]</div>
    So, you're going to take the Kerry excuse and say that you didn't mean it?

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porky Pine @ Nov 3 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]343395[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, why not?

It's what you want to hear, so it's right in line, isn't it?

:D

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 3 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]343397[/snapback]</div>
    I, for one, am willing to give our multi-tentacled friend the benefit of the doubt; I believe this is his way of expression and, after reading a number of his posts, would have to suggest that it *not* be removed.

I can see why you might be offended, though; this is just my opinion.

15. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porky Pine @ Nov 3 2006, 08:34 AM) [snapback]343243[/snapback]</div>
    We cut the Squid a lot of slack concerning stuff like this because the guy is totally insane. I mean big-time mental illness. He's really not responsible for what he says. And when he's on his meds he's actually kind of fun. It's just disappointing when he goes off his meds and starts out on these anger tantrums. Then he's just boring.

16. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 3 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]343536[/snapback]</div>
    Kind of like Stephen Colbert without the laughs.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 3 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]343536[/snapback]</div>
    Said the Pot to the Kettle.

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 3 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]343587[/snapback]</div>
    When have I ever ranted against other posters, suggested they be shot, or hurled obscenities at them? You regard my views as "crazy" because you disagree with them, but you cannot honestly accuse me of bad behavior on the board.