1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I believe in the next <90 days, Mount Fuji will blow...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amm0bob, Mar 12, 2011.

1. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    SUPERMOON!!! my students are gonna be crazy this week.

2. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    There was a 6.4 quake in Shizuoka on land. This is right around Mt. Fuji. Ammo may be right. More armageddon to come

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hope it doesn't. This whole episode is terrible. How much more can they take! :(

4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Three rather large earthquakes have occurred at both ends and the NorthWest corner of the "ring of fire" in the pacific.

[​IMG]

The west coast of North America is next IMHO.

The Pacific Ring of Fire is certainly acting up here's some more from a blogger that gather some stories about other events after the Japan quake . . .

5. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

We are due... the property I have in Brookings rests on debris from an earlier tsunami...

In addition, I believe there will be significant land changes that include many places now above the waters to be several meters below them when the Juan De Fuca Plate does blow/break. I am hopeful our property on the ocean front isn't consumed... but realistically, I am not much of a believer in miracles saving my little piece of heaven in Oregon from the same fate as those souls in Japan have faced.

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We are long overdue for a major shaker up here. The last BIG one of course was in 1964 (look familiar, or?). The geologist figure the next one will unfortunately happen much closer to the population center.

We have had a lot of unrest from the volcanoes near by as well. Fun place to live!

7. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It sure is nice living in Massachusetts. No volcanoes, earthquakes (except for a MAG4 every 20 years or so), tsunamis, forest fires. Even hurricanes are pretty much worn out when they get here. I don't know how you people on the west coast do it. My brother moved out there (Santa Barbara). After fires, floodwaters coming down from the Sierras, and finally Northridge, he came home to this big inert block of granite. And lucky me happened to be on Maui for last year's tsunami warning. I'm just gonna stay home from now on.

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd like a sailboat to call home. No earthquakes, volcanos, fires, angry mobs of looters...as long as the pointy end is facing the right direction when the tsunamis roll by, I should be fine. :cool:

9. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget about sea bird crap. ;)

Yellowstone will probably uncork soon and erase us all.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's perfect here. but from november to april, it's a FROZEN block of granite. july and august humididity is unbearable and most springs and falls last about 2 weeks.:D

11. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Except sorry but you don't have California girls. I'll suffer thru the consequences for that

12. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good point. I thought I'd have to come ashore every few weeks for provisions anyway. :p

13. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Actually Bra... the east coast of the US will be hit by a tsunami... it will be generated when an undersea landslide occurs in the islands thousands of miles away from there.

14. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I don't think you have to worry. In the open ocean they are only a couple of feet high and since they are traveling 500 mph by the time you see one it's already gone past you.

15. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's been said that if one is going to make predictions its best to make them often

1 person likes this.
  16. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

When I lived in NYC we were just learning about the possibility of the Canary Island landslide that will devastate the coasts of the Atlantic... Queens will be hosed when it does happen, but the real tragedies will be in Europe... they are completely unprepared.

A little education can certainly awaken the uninformed... planning will help when the eventuality occurs... however, from what I read, if you are in Queens when it happens, you can drive to upstate and get out of harm’s way... if you can get the roadways to keep moving that is.

17. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :) I'm 90 feet above sea level, about 1/2 mile from a bay off the Long Island Sound and 20 miles from the Atlantic. I'm thinking I'd be better off sitting it out than jumping on the road north with several million Prius haters.

Attached Files:

18. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Well Bra... you may be out of the zone of destruction :cheer2:... I don't have the data in front of me, but I do remember reading something about a 60-120 foot wall of water that could be generated by the Canary Island undersea landslide on the eastern US seaboard...