1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I bet this family wished they had a smaller car

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by naterprius, Jul 30, 2007.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Sad.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13778230/detail.html

Oh well, I guess there is nothing that could have been done to prevent this. Like drive a smaller car or something.

Nate

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I knew a family where that had happened. Fortunately, the little girl in that case didn't die, but she did have some time in the hospital.
    Little kids can be just too fast for their own good.
    Backup beepers are a great idea for any car, even small cars (kids are still smaller).

3. DGCL

DGCL New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Very sad story. Backup radar is a very good technology and backup cameras should be mandatory on most SUVs and minivans. Sure it's expensive, but if you want a large vehicle then you have to pay the price. I think it's pretty ironic and screwed up that most Prii sold today are equipped with backup cameras when most SUVs aren't even available with them.

4. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DGCL @ Jul 30 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]487592[/snapback]</div>
    Certainly not nearly as tragic as a human life, but many animals (dogs and sleeping cats) get killed this way too. They seek shelter from the heat and sun and go behind or even under the vehicle. When the engine starts and vehicle rolls back they try to "run" and the wheels get 'em. My first Wife's little dog, her best friend, was killed by a hasty neighbor who didn't look behind and sped off out of her driveway, ironically it happened three feet away from my ex-Wife's driveway where the dog occasionally sat, killing he dog.... :(

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not know about you guys but when I took my driver's ed, one of the first things I was taught was to do a 360° check of the vehicle before I get in.