1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I broke my old MPG record today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Mark57, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear about that snow. Winter hangs on long. We've been unseasonably warm and we're ina major drought to boot. Hang onto those 60+ a little longer and they'll start to add up. It's hard when the weather fights you.

100% gas is a state by state option. We're also one of the large oil producing states which also helps. In OKC, we have about 2/5's of the stations with non-ethanol gas. I love it and it does make a difference in every vehicle I've ever tested. Your mileage will go up as your car gets more broken in.

Welcome to the forum. 57.9 is nothing to scoff at. By all means do be impressed with that as it's very good. Keep up the good work.

I've done it both ways. More on this further down as Mikewithaprius is right on the nose.

Mike is absolutely correct. It does make a difference with your own specific terrain and what the current level of your SOC is when starting out. I have 3 block of flat and then either a 1 mile steep climb or the other direction is a 100 yard gentile down slope with a 1/2 mile climb. If I have more than 3 bars, I tend to just go. But since I started monitoring my SoC on the scangage, I think I agree with Ken@Japan that's it's more efficient to wait.

In my case I seem to have more battery sooner by waiting and therefore I don't have to charge it back up and take a hit on mpg. It's pretty subjective to your own specific area.