1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I cannot decide between Blizzard Pearl and Silver! Please help!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Jun 17, 2009.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am trading in my Black 06 Prius for the new one and I vowed never to get Black again! I am torn between Blizzard Pearl and Silver. Saw both of them today at the dealership side by side and ahhh they each look great. I always said my next Prius would be Silver but that was until I saw the new Blizzard Pearl. Ahhh sooo torn! What should I do? I have to tell the guy which color I want ordered by this week. The interior will be Dark Grey leather. Any opinions?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why go all the way from Black (your 2006 Prius) to Blizzard Pearl White? Have you considered something half-way like gangrene Gray Metallic?

Keith

3. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I absolutely hate the Gray. I used to have a White car before my Prius so I'm used to lighter colors as well. I just really haven't enjoyed the Black because of how hard it is to keep clean and hide scratches.

4. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just some general advice I once got from a smart man. The harder it is to make a choice the less it matters what choice you make.

Before you laugh think about it a minute. The reason you have trouble choosing between your two options is that they both meet your needs. You wouldn't be having trouble if one was clearly inferior to you. I've used that advice over the years for both major and minor decisions with great results and to avoid unnecessarily driving myself crazy.

5 people like this.
  5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Simple. Buy one of each.

6. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Haha you are right! I'd enjoy both :) I am 99% sure I'm going with Blizzard Pearl.

7. charlieh

charlieh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I went with Blizzard Pearl. My experience with silver has been that it shows chips and scratches more. I owned an 04 Salsa Red and an 04 Seaside Pearl, and I really LOVE the new Blizzard White. Have only had mine for about a week, but this is a REALLY cool new Prius.

8. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Blizzard Pearl is a great choice. FYI At least at my dealership, Blizzard seems to be the best selling color by far. In a few years, it may be difficult to find your car in the local mall parking lot... :doh:

9. geraldc

geraldc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    FWIW, I had just traded in my 2006 silver Prius today for a pearl white Prius 3.:D

10. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The Silver would show scratches MORE than the Blizzard Pearl?? Hmm that's good to know!

I was looking at pictures of each color side by side a little while ago and I was torn again! :eek:hwell: I think the Blizzard may look nicer though, especially since it has 3 coats of paint instead of 2.

11. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  12. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My TCH and 4 Runner was silver. It is a nice silver (when clean) that Toyota makes. However my Highlander Hybrid that I now have and my Prius V that is on order are Blizzard. I really like the Blizzard color. It doesn't have that pearly orange tint that the early Audi's and the cadillac have. It's a pure white metalflake.

I agree with the black. I bought ONE black car when I was in the middle of chemo treatments in 2000. Obviously I did not have control of all my mental facilities. I kept it less than a year. Every time I see a clean black car I remind myself that I'm OC and can never be satisfied with a black car in my garage. Even there the dust seemed to jump on it after I washed it.

13. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I say go with the silver. Everything they are saying about the white not showing scratches and chips is just a big ball of B.S. You can't go wrong, I promise you. Ok, ok, I give up. I'm only saying that because I should be getting my Blizzard Pearl V with dark grey any day now. As someone mentioned earlier, before you know it, it's going to hard to find your car in a parking lot. Thought I'd try and get you to show the silver a little love. Still a great color on this car, but I will admit, I sure seems like Toyota has a huge hit on their hands with the Blizzard Pearl. I can't wait to take her home. Good luck on your decision.

14. ScarGo

ScarGo Common Sense Conservative

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    For safty reasons the Blizzard Pearl is the better choice. It is much easier to see coming down the road.

The silver without daytime running lights , blends in to the pavement too much especially on a cloudy day.

I know I had a gray car and it seemed almost invisible on the road. People just don't see it as well as other car colors.

Pugwinkle likes this.
  15. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    In the V package, I have both the silver and the white coming shortly. I betcha the white one goes first as far as deposits go.

The pearl white's a color we haven't seen on Prius since 2003 and back then, the pearl white was more a golden flecked color under white gloss. The pearl white's a bit of a chameleon in late day sun.

The silver's a color that's been on Prius since the start of the Gen II so it would make sense that the white would sell better right now.

If you're tired of cleaning a black car (who can blame you!!) then you're at least picking the right colors to consider for looking clean most all the time!!!

Di

16. prius2x

prius2x New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Blizzard Pearl is gorgeous!
    I'm enjoying mine, which I picked up last week.

17. 2010PkgIII

2010PkgIII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got my Blizzard Pearl sorta by default in that it was the only Pkg III on the dealer's lot when I went in to "look" at the Prius. They had a black Pkg II I didn't like. So, by process of elimination, I drove off in the Blizzard Pearl and I'm very happy with it. A few of my family and friends have made favorable comments regarding the paint job/color.

At first sight, my wife and I liked the Blizzard Pearl so much the thought of special ordering anything else vaporized on the spot, especially since it had the options we wanted. It's like it had my name written all over it, figuratively speaking, when I drove on the lot just to "look."

18. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just read your post that you are 99% sure you are going with Blizzard Pearl. People that have seen it, or own it sure do seem to like it. From the Prius Chat feedback, and also Toyotas advertising, it sure seems like the Alpha Color. That might be it's biggest drawback, it's not going to be very unique. I want to see Blizzard Pearl in person, I'm curious. The raves about it are so supportive. From Photo's I'm just not that excited. I've seen close up photo's that show the metalic, but in photo's from any distance, it just looks white to me. My guess is it translates in reality better than it photographs. So many people that have seen it "live" seem to love it.

As far as silver? From a utilitarian standpoint I think it's a good choice. Hides dirt, damage well. I've never been a fan of silver though, because whenever I see a silver car I think they look like metal. In other words, to my mind like they aren't even painted. Plus I live in the NW, and also IMO the Silver often looks too much like the sky around here. Silver in the cloudy NW can really blend into the background.

So did that help? I thought you might need someone that doesn't like either, everyone else was being so helpful picking one or the other.

Seriously, if Blizzard Pearl wowed you enough to pull you away from Silver, then go for it. You'll find a way to make it your own.

19. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I test drove a blizzard and it really popped. The only words that I can come up with is elegant/classy. I went with the Red and like the sporty look of it. Definitely go with Blizzard much classier that the silver IMHO.

G

20. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I've seen silver and BP at the dealership (three Gen IIIs just sittin' side by side, in desperate need of sub-MSRP pricing, but that's a different point). The BP is really nice. The silver looks dull by comparison.

Also, the BP definitely does show scratches less than silver. I tested this by taking a key to each. The BP healed itself, kind of terminator-ish.