1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I can't believe I've been hit.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Godiva, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Jan 8 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]372702[/snapback]</div>
    Excellent, Charles, most useful post I've seen on PC in a long time; my compliments and three old PC stars (or whatzits) to you.

I taught defensive driving (duly derided on PC by Squid last year in one of his rants on the virtues of "aggressive driving"). Despite my "defensive" bona fides, I ADMIT I'VE DONE THE RECKLESS MANEUVER Godiva's guy did. Lots of us have. Let's not get too sanctimonious (our Smugness Certificates notwithstanding).

I'd only add another poster's detail that it's good to be able to see the rear tires on the vehicle ahead. But, for me, the key is simply paying attention while in a queue, particularly to the driver's backup lights.

If driving is to mean never having to say you're sorry, it means paying attention 100% of the time, not taking respites at stops, or being "impaired" because you're on a cell phone.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh i have done the maneuver in question as well, but never hit a car or even came close...

3. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SiliconAddict @ Jan 13 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]375247[/snapback]</div>
    But how much would the 'black box' really help in this situation? Since there was no heavy braking or airbags deployed, how would the car know there was a collision?

I doubt the car records moment-to-moment status of normal operation unless in diagnostic mode. I thought the black box only recorded special situations (ABS, traction control, VSC, airbags, etc...)