1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I caved....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by seeh2o, Dec 2, 2016.

1. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I was getting concerned about driving my 2004 w/209,000+ miles across the desert to LV from LA, so I bought a new-to-me 2013 Prius Persona (wasn't looking for a Persona, it's what they had and was a pretty good deal).

So, now that I have the Swedish Bergman-esque Prius, I really want to protect the rear bumper from the fate of my last car. Where I live I have no choice, but to parallel park - on a steep hill, no less. I have been looking at options and they are slim. I know I don't want one of those ugly dangling bibs, so that's out of the question. I have been looking at the color coordinated 2" appliques from bumperdefender.com, but I don't think 2" provides enough coverage for the idiots who can't parallel park, let alone parallel park on a steep hill. I was looking at the BumperBabe in the Priuschat shop, that looks like it might help a lot. Does anyone here use it or know of anyone who has? Also, it only comes in one color, black, and my new car is the white pearl. How bad is that going to look? Like a big black band-aid? Does anyone know who makes a 4" color matched bumper protector?

I'm looking for suggestions, experience, guidance, please. And, moving from my home is not an option, parking elsewhere is also not an option.

ETA, I'll probably buy one of the larger license plate brackets for the front of the car for some protection and maybe a 2" color matched bumper protector for the front from bumperdefender.com.

The Electric Me likes this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new ride.

seeh2o likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Bumper protector, the irony.

Congrats though, those 17" rims tipped me to a similar Canadian model.

Prodigyplace and seeh2o like this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I feel your pain. I work at a University.
    One time, the only place to park my Corolla was to parallel park. A couple of days later, I noticed a dent in my front bumper. Apparently, somebody else at the University does not know how to park safely.
    From now on, no more parallel parking at work for me!

5. AndrewGuffy

AndrewGuffy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I got a black Bumptek 60" Rear Bumper Guard for our grey prius, and it's worked very well so far. I know it's black, which may be quite a contrast on your white stallion, but it's a good and sleek-looking option (better than the bibs that you mention). What I did is center it vertically where several cars started to scrape our bumper, and it's done very well so far (had it for four months, adhesive still works great).

Attached Files:

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats on your new wheels, all the best!(y)

seeh2o likes this.
  7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey enjoy.
    I gave you a "like" for this description:

I wouldn't think of it as caving in....nearly a decade newer...and probably a whole lot less of mileage on it?

It's not like you, say...traded in your 3 year old Prius and bought a Honda Fit....not THAT would be caving in....

Montgomery, Mendel Leisk and seeh2o like this.