1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I demand ENTUNE updates!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by darkleafar, May 9, 2012.

1. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good news, as I was going thru some other threads it came to me. I don't use the internet much on my phone so I had data turned off to save battery power. Turned data on, which gives me total access to the internet and the latest apps updated no problem and pandora working great. Hope this helps anyone else who has had problems updating thru their phone. I'm a happy camper for now, all entune functions working as advertised.

2. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We also have our HTC evo 4g smart phone "4g" turned off to prevent us from getting on to the internet and running up our cell phone bill. We do have our cell phone WIFI access turned on. It searches for and connects to our home WIFI router. Now IF we want to go out to the internet.. we go through our Wireless 'N' router.

All the Prius V does is use your cellphone and payment plan for internet access. So if you connect to the internet... look for cell phone possible overage fees. I know that some carriers send a text mail to you telling you that you are about to exceed their data plan CAP and if you continue.. you will incur very extra expensive data costs.

3. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    All the Prius V does is use your cellphone and payment plan for internet access. So if you connect to the internet... look for cell phone possible overage fees. I know that some carriers send a text mail to you telling you that you are about to exceed their data plan CAP and if you continue.. you will incur very extra expensive data costs.[/quote]

Lucky enough I have unlimited data plan with Tmobile. You do have to have internet access on your phone to get any over the air updates from entune if you have a Prius v 5.

4. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Reboot the phone

5. Spike Lightfoot

Spike Lightfoot New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    What do you mean "...going to phone...?" You mean somewhere in the Entune menus? I'm screwed--the same thing happened to me after the update.

6. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's been a while now...so bare with me if I'm wrong. I believe I pressed "set up" on the display, then "phone". I then hunted around there until coming across the screen asking for my credentials. It took about 10 minutes of pounding buttons but wasn't too difficult to locate.

Don't bother asking Toyota, by the way. They'll tell you it never happened; without a smart phone, you can't get entunes. The fact that you (we) had it before..was just a complete fluke and won't happen again. HA...I'm back better than before and now with additional capabilities. :)

7. Lats118

Lats118 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    OK, I finally got, and loaded, my Entune update with 'I Heart Radio', 'OpenTable', and the movie app (don't remember the name). Does anyone know what other 'enhancements' were included? I wish Toyota had included a list of new functions with the update.

8. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When you are using an app look for a microphone icon near the top of the screen to use voice commands with that app (if available). I like verbally telling the Bing search what to look for. It does a good job of taking spelling mistakes and alternative names out of the equation when searching for a specific POI.

9. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We have to go through bluetooth to get Pandora. Entune is not compatible with our phone. Bummer because we were really looking forward to it and I feel this is something we should have known before purchase of the car.

10. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Not that most people would think to check before buying the car, but this Toyota page shows phone compatibility with Entune.

11. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good reason to buy a fancy new phone. ;)

I really like pandora but that is about all I use from the Entune. I do like that you can bing search and save the destination to the phone for use when you connect later. It integrates nicely with the Nav. Open Table will be nice when traveling, I suppose.

12. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got an email today from Toyota regarding the flash memory drive update.

The lady asked for my phone number, then asked for my street mailing address... and she replied that the address I provided matched the address in their system. The Flash drive would be delivered in 7 - 10 days by the US Mail.

She said that they had to confim all mailing addresses by phone call before mailing out the flash drive.
    2nd paragraph
    " We plan to deliver this Entune upgrade to you via US Mail on a USB memory stick (flash drive.) However, we believe your mailing address in our systems might be outdated or inaccurate. We request you contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center to confirm or update your mailing address so we can send your upgrade package.

Please call (800) 331-4331 and select the following prompts:

First, choose #1 for "Roadside Assistance, Safety Connect Subscriber Support or Entune"

Next, choose #3 for "Entune"

Then, choose #1 for "Inquiring about the USB memory stick to update your Entune multimedia display system"

Our agents are available from 5am to 9pm, Pacific Time. "

13. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    360Texas – While I was on the telephone verifying my mailing address, I asked the Toyota Customer Service fellow, who was located in Oklahoma, if he was technically knowledgeable about the Prius v Entune® implementation. He answered, “Yes.” I then asked him what he knew about reports from various active Prius v owners in the greater Prius Community about the Toyota Entune® System Update Ver. 2.1.0 removing/deleting the “Left and Right” Navigation Guidance Instruction functionality from the “NAV Lady’s” guidance information pitter-patter repertoire provided to the driver from a Toyota Entune® Navigation System being operated at Update Level Version 1.8.4.

He pulled a Sergeant Schultz on me saying, “I know nothing,” as he waved his virtual hands and mumbled something about checking ToyotaNation.Com.

I do not want to loose any of the “NAV Lady’s” current Left-Right Guidance Functionality that I now receive at the Revision Level v.1.8.4. In the "How To Update Your Toyota Entune® System To Ver. 2.1.0" video, Emily implies that once you have completed the Entune® v.2.1.o Update, you cannot go back to 1.8.4 from 2.1.0. Therefore, out of a modicum of caution, and because I think I should wait to see what other “S/W Surprises” might be lurking in the Ver. 2.1.o Update, I shall be holding back on bringing the Entune® up from its current Ver. 1.8.4 to this latest “Mo’ Betta” Ver. 2.1.o, which is soon to be coming in the USPS mail.

FWIW FYI:
    http://www.toyota.com/entune/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy28IK82dB0