1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I did it, got Prius-talk about a change

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tdoff1, May 20, 2008.

1. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just pulled it into the garage. I really was suprised at how well if drove. Granted I spent most of the damn time looking at my consumption gauge...........at night you really get a good look at the uncrowded well placed dash.....

Tint for all windows, window air deflectors and bug guard tomorrow.....

Good point on the beer for truck trade.......

FYI, I ran the truck to empty befor I dropped it off for trade...they may not get it started to move it!!! At $3.85/gallon I was not going to leavin anything in the tank!

Cheers

2. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    windows tinted...makes a Huge difference..looks great. Lets see whats next.....shark fin, air deflectors, XM hook up, what I save in gas I may as well "pimp my ride".....

3. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went from a truck to my Prius as well. I had a 1999 F150, V6 so not as horrible as it could be, but still maybe 15 mpg on a good day. I didn't trade the truck in but put it on AutoTrader, it took about a month but I finally sold it two weeks ago, somehow managed to get 5k for it which i was pretty happy with. I have enough friends with trucks that I can borrow one if needed.

I've had my Prius 2 months and still get excited to drive anywhere. I haven't had too many questions about mine but they are fairly common around here. I certainly don't dread the gas station any more like I did in the truck! Filled up yesterday, 9 gallons and had gone 416 miles. Can't beat that!

4. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    your buyer's remorse will be long gone a year from now when you add up how much you saved in fuel costs in the prior year.
    i traded in a 15mpg jeep - the savings over the last 16 months is substantial.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Dakota? I'll bet our Range Rover sucked down WAY more fuel. Believe me, you WILL get over it :thumb:

6. nomad

nomad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I traded in my Tundra 4 weeks ago. The remorse will not last long. :heh: Sure, there are times when I wish I had my truck for hauling items.
    But I am enjoying saving $450+ a month in gas.