1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I did it.....

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Navigare, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    [​IMG]

I just ordered this Prius Wagon (actual name in Holland), fully loaded. Color blue.:cheer2:
    Only problem is the deliverydate, june 2012.
    Till then i will read here and enjoy your joy for the Prius v.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Very nice... that is a long wait. :(

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    And what a wonderful, common sense, name that is. CONGRATS!!!! :rockon:

4. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Can you tell us why there is such a long wait? Is it because Toyota hasn't started producing the 7 seat version yet? Or are they in such short supply that Toyota can't keep up with demand? Or some other reason.

5. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just got our new v Three added to our insurance, even our insurance company considers it a wagon!

But to the OP, I'd go crazy if I had to wait that long!... regardless, congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it even more when you take delivery of the car!

6. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    The Prius Wagon isn't introduced yet in Holland, i didn't even drive it. I am one of the first in Holland to order this car and will have one of the first shipping. I just knew it would be the right car for me. It's a combination of my current car (Toyota Verso) and the Prius. What also helped were the enthousiastic reactions here on Priuschat.
    The dealer told me that they are trying to sell 2000 wagons in 2011, so that they can convince Toyota Japan that they earn the right on another 5000 in 2012. The sales-expectations of this car are very high in Holland. It's a new market for Toyota.
    In Europe they are only selling the 7p version with the Lithium Ion battery! In Japan however they are allready producing and selling both versions as the Prius Alpha.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know exactly what it means, but I think it's interesting that evidently in Holland they are honest enough to call it a Prius Wagon.

Calling something a "Wagon" has become a kiss of death. Which actually I think is ridiculous.

Somewhere in the mid to late 70's something being a wagon, became a bad thing. However, I find the configuration incredibly useful.

But I guess in the absence of the Brady Bunch, you just can't own a "wagon" anymore.

So most everyone buys big SUV's that 'Aren't Mini-Vans or Wagons" and uses them like Mini Vans or Wagons...

I'm glad Toyota offers the Prius v, I hope it is a great success, whatever they want to call it...

Personally, I'd call it The Hybrid Hauler!

8. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    The dealer told me that they didn't call it a SUV or a MPV because those types are probably gonna pay more taxes and insurance.
    The Prius Wagon is somewhat between markets, it's a bit MPV, a bit Crossover, a bit regular stationwagon. I think it will attract buyers from all those markets, special attraction is off course the fuel economy and for me as a tech/gadgetlover the goodies like adaptive cruise control, hud, panoramaroof and the connection with the smartphone.

Grrrrrr, i have to wait for so long.....:mad:
    So keep posting those pictures and movies.:rockon:

9. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and hopefully it will come in early!

10. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Thanks all for the nice words. Looking forward to become a REAL member of the Prius Family.

11. figer

figer New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    6 months, hope you can get it earlier.

12. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    I hope so too. My Wagon will be on the first shipment to Holland, all i can do is wait and read here.

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! 7-seat only? That's gonna be pricey!!

14. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Fully loaded costs 37.500 euro's.
    Base model: 31k

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yikes! VAT included?

16. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Yes, all in. It IS a shitload of money....:(

But there is a some difference between the Dutch version and the American.
    7persons, lithium ion, tinted glass, hud standard, sidemirrors with signallights and probably even more.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    True but it's your taxes that count. I would think the cost of the vehicle without tax is lower and the gap is smaller. In Canada, there's a federal tax (GST) of 5%. Each province can add their own provincial sales tax ranging from 0% to 10% so the cost of the car varies depending on which part of the country you live. There's also a $100 Federal Excise Tax on A/C and Toyota charges PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) on top of the advertised price (around Cdn$1,400) for delivery and dealer preparation of the vehicle. The 7-seat Li-Ion version is also a few thousand more than the comparably-equipped 5-seat version (I think it's $2-3k more).

Our base price is Cdn$26,200. Say I add a few grand for the Li-Ion and extra features and take a $33,350 Touring model (that also adds panoramic roof, LED headlights, 17" alloys etc) but I'm really just looking at the taxes.

In the highest taxed province, that $33,350 is now $40,567. $31k Euros is Cdn$43,325. Not too far off. The same vehicle in a province without provincial sales ta is $36,958.

The top model is where the differences show.. $37.5k Euros is Cdn$51k. The same high-taxed province will charge you Cdn$44,638 for our top model (again, no Li-Ion so add about $2-3k)

18. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Ok, thanks for the explanation! In Holland the government subsidizes the hybrid cars: less taxes when you buy one and no roadtaxes. At this moment i pay 1500 euro's a year for roadtaxes. And the fule usage will be much lower, about 500 euro's per year. So in total 2k less costs per year!!:rolleyes:

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. Over here, our prices do not include any surcharges and taxes so they appear to be quite cheap (and they still are but I mean the difference isn't as large. It might be in the US since their cars are cheaper and their taxes are lower).

We also don't have road tax. We have a licencing fee to get a licence plate and some provinces and US states do charge for a "tag" each year (so you have an expiration date on the licence plate that needs to be renewed every one or two years).

20. Navigare

Navigare Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Ok, thanks!