1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I do not understand people (well, NJ drivers)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by LoraJ, Aug 6, 2009.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait, you mean I'm not going to get whacked for paying the "toll" on the turnpike?? I thought people wore the "New Jersey: Only The Strong Survive" shirts for a reason?

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I think of New Jersey, I think of Stephanie Plum.

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I guess my 30 years of riding a motorcycle has taught me some lessons those of you who don't ride might learn from. 1st of all the horn doesn't exist, no one will hear you and you will die if you take the time to use it. 2nd, everyone looks at you like a target, so get the hell out of the way. 3rd, the throttle is your best defense to get you out of the way. Other items of interest include, learning to anticipate what cages (cars) are going to do, looking all ways when approaching any intersection, fortunately its next to impossible to smoke, drink, fix hair, text etc although I have seen some attempt these things. When you ride a motorcycle, you become a much better driver or else, and it carries over to driving your car.

4. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Honk the horn at people doing stupid things, no no. Unless they are in the process of cuting you off and their car hitting yours. Other than that no. You risk getting shot at now a days you go blowing your horn at other cars for them doing stupid things

5. TheSpoils

TheSpoils Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As a previous post at another site, Beeping your horn in Newark NJ can get you shot, looking and beeping can get you shot, a woman beeping and you looking can get you shot, shotting someone while beeping can get you shot too, beeping while parked will get you car jacked, driving to fast and beeping will get you shot, driving on the sidewalk while beeping can get you shot, If someone beeps at you, you can shoot them, if your woman looks at someone and they beep, you can shoot them and your woman, kids on bikes will shoot you if you beep, if everyone is beeping and shooting, everything is ok.