1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don’t know what to do. Help please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Madapi, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Madapi

Madapi New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an 07 Prius the car is showing red triangle, airbag, vsc and engine light. Car won’t start. Tried a cheap scanner says no codes. I thought maybe the 12v battery replaced it. Now when I turn car on with foot on brake the 12v battery drains to 11.9v it starts at 12.8v with car off.
    I have had the red triangle come on for a while if I stopped for extended periods but went away when I started driving again.
    I don’t know what else to check for I don’t have tech stream. Unfortunately I’m not at home I’ve been watching my brothers place for the last week in Atascadero ca. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Look up for threads on getting blink codes involves a paper clip on a plug looking for chk engine light blink counts .pita but no scanner needed. Innova 3100 series scanner like 39 bux

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    To clarify: you've replaced the 12 volt battery? Are you using the car's display to check its voltage. If so, it would be more accurate to measure with a digital multimeter, first thing in the morning, with the car off. A brand new AGM 12 volt battery in good shape should read 12.7~12.8 volts by this method.

5. PriuSocal

PriuSocal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A cheap scanner would not read ABS codes unless stated so. Like Tombuk2 said, the innova 3100 is cheap (price wise) and will read and erase the ABS codes as well. Hope its not the dreaded c1252 or c1256, because that would mean bad ABS accumulator. I had same lights minus the red triangle and got those 2 codes and had to replace it. Also had the 15 sec's on 15 sec's off buzzing from the ABS pump trying to build up pressure and that annoying constant beep inside the car. Once ABS accum was replaced and codes erased, all good.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV