1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don't know if there are any other photographers here, but . . .

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by etawful, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a seagull I stalked last weekend.

[attachmentid=9811]

And a bee with a pollen covered butt.

[attachmentid=9810]

My camera: Canon Powershot S2 IS

Here is my flickr album.
    www.flickr.com/photos/chamaree

Attached Files:

2. etawful

etawful New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jul 17 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]480236[/snapback]</div>
    I like that. What is the archway you're shooting through? It looks almost like a symbol for pi :).

The only money I've ever gotten for photos was these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've sold a couple of these ones to people that wanted them to frame and hang on the wall. All I got out of them was the cost of materials and a free lunch :)

(This was taken from the Old North Bridge in Concord, MA - the spot where the battle of Lexington and Concord started).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fairclge @ Jul 17 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]480240[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not quite sure what your post is supposed to mean. Are you saying that you are unimpressed with the appearance of the seagulls because they are not unusual? If so, fine, I'd agree with you.

However, the point here is that photographing birds in flight is not exactly an easy thing to do. Especially to get the photos as sharp as most of these are.

If you want to comment on the quality of the photos, that's a different matter entirely, but to post simply because you've seen the same kind of birds somewhere else misses the point entirely.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Jul 17 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]480267[/snapback]</div>
    Those little powershot cameras can do some nice close up work. Nice color on that bee and flower :)

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. It's actually not a small camera. Biggest and the most advanced of the powershots I think. (now the S5 is in the market).

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The photo is from the entrance to the labrynth at the Port Angeles Fine Art center, in Port Angeles, WA. Yup, it's Pi! At least, that's our take on it.
    I have more photos of the Art center, at my flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/gp/29795037@N00/5K4nG8

5. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [attachmentid=9911]
    This picture was taken from the Durango and Silverton Narrow guage railroad. Can't remember the name of this little lake, but it's between Durango and Silverton. View is south, with a Sony DSC-S85. Smart photo fix with Corel Paint Shop Pro XI.

My friends father ran one of the AM radio stations for Port Angeles. I believe the call was KAPY.

Attached Files:

6. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [attachmentid=9922]

View from the rear of the train on the D&SNGRR along the Animas river in southern Colorado.
    Corel smart photo fix with some clone brush along the lower right to remove the red time stamp digits.

Attached Files:

7. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's a photo I took this morning, along with some explanation.

I am a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. We are an organization of professional photographers who volunteer our services to families who lose a child either before or shortly after birth. Many of the photographers are parents who have themselves lost a child (I am one). We get the calls from the hospital, or sometimes the parent - and we do our best to give these families some images to help them remember their lost little ones. Not all parents want our services, but we are there for those that do. Sometimes the little ones aren't beautiful to look at - but they are still precious to their parents.

I got a call last night from a mom who was being induced and expected to deliver this morning. Her baby has trisomy-18, a genetic defect incompatible with life. Many babies don't make it through the brith, those that do can pass within minutes or hours...although sometimes the parents are lucky enough to have their babies survive for days.

This little boy was born alive and was still alive when I left 2 hours later. I was honored to be a part of his time here on earth, however brief it may be. Here he is, brand new from his mom...

[​IMG]

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pyccku @ Jul 19 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]481774[/snapback]</div>
    Your scenics are lovely, but this photo in particular is absolutely touching and beautiful. I was not aware of this organization until now. Thank you for sharing with us.

9. noelty

noelty Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pyccku @ Jul 19 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]481774[/snapback]</div>
    Ugh...that is heartbreaking! That is a very powerful image knowing the outcome. Kudos to you for volunteering your time and skills.

With that said...here are some of my images from the past week...

Last Thursday evening, sunset at the Santa Monica Pier:
    [​IMG]

Last Sunday Broad Beach just past Zuma:
    [​IMG]

Last Sunday pre-wedding shoot Broad Beach:
    [​IMG]

My four month old son Jack yesterday post morning coffee walk:
    [​IMG]

10. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm gonna resurrect this thread briefly for a question. I spent
    entirely too much time last night surfing around DPReview and
    related, and the canon powershot G9 is looking *awfully* tempting.
    Anyone else have experience with it? Yeah, I read all the "leak"
    threads and complaints about dead pixels, but aside from a possible
    round or two of return/exchange it looks like a pretty future-proof
    upgrade for the ol' Sony. [Which still works fine, and y'all
    already know where all *my* pictures are..]
    _H*