1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I don't think the Prius is a good long range daily driver

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rondocap, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Umar Ali

Umar Ali Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My commute is 200 miles round five day a week and i have been driving like this for almost 6 months now. seats are not problem for me so far. i just have to keep sitting straight up tight against the back.

ewxlt66 likes this.
  2. Daryl K

Daryl K Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I went on a marathon drive, Cleveland to New Orleans, in my 2012 Prius. 1,100 miles one way. Drove there non-stop and the same coming back, and I had zero issues with comfort. The seats are not quite as awesomely-comfortable as my Subaru Outback (those are really good seats for long distance driving) but again, I had no issues with soreness or finding a good position. Neither did my wife, who was riding shotgun the whole way.

My daily commute is about 100 miles (round trip) each day, also in my Prius.

I mentioned it before but for thoroughness: I am a 50+ year-old guy, so you cannot chalk it up to youth. I am however a very fit 6', 180 lbs who still works out 3 to 4 times per week. I cannot help but wonder the stats of some of the folks who say the seats are "awful." Are you sure it is really the seats?

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This discussion can go on and on but the overall consensus has been "most" folks tolerate Prius seat comfort due to the other over riding benefits of the car. Trust me, Toyota knows how to make them more comfortable if manufacturers like Ford, GM and Chrysler can do it. Be it is a design choice or cost choice leaves to be seen. They definitely got better between the Gen IIs and the Gen IIIs. Let's just hope the Gen IVs see further improvement in this area. Subjective or objective, comfort is important when you spent $20,000 to $35,000 for a vehicle...regardless the MPG.

Coast Cruiser likes this.