1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I enjoy cuddling, and long walks on the beach...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Widdletink, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Well, my hubby just gave me a card that we received from our dealership (Claremont Toyota in Claremont, California) and I thought I would share it with you folks.

The front of the card says: Celebrate! it's your Toyota's anniversary and the message inside reads "Dear Mel, How will you celebrate you Prius's (apparently toyota favors the 's and not the s'...) first anniversary? An early morning drive through the countryside, a late night dinner with friends and family or maybe a Saturday afternoon getaway?..."

Now, I know that this is a VERY SPECIAL VEHICLE and that we all have a very special relationship with our cars, but I had no idea that I was being so neglectful. I thought that a bath once a week (lovingly done by hand by me), regular maintenance (every 5,000 miles) and here and there the added aftermarket accessory would tell my car just how I felt.

I didn't realize that my car expected long walks on the beach, cuddling by the fireside and romantic dinners out, just the two of us. I started thinking of all the chances I have had over this past year to take my car out on the town, why, I have gone out to dinner at Red Lobster many times, but I never once considered bringing the car in with me (she would fit perfectly through the plate glass window, I can see it now... Yes, I'll have a glass of Merlot and Prius would like... Oh, what the heck, its a special night... A glass of Unleaded Supreme with a Techron chaser, a dash of lemon and no ice ...).

I have also gone on many a long drive, but no matter where I go it always ends the same way. I get to my destination, have a wonderful time and my car is left alone and lonely in the parking lot. Little did I know that I should have been limiting my destiations to those where we were both welcome.

I feel so ashamed of myself... I didn't know... and I am so grateful to my dealership for showing me the error of my ways. I will henceforth take steps to rectify the situation. I hereby promise that I won't let another day go by without telling and showing my wonderful car just how I feel. I think somebody needs a hug and perhaps a shopping spree at Costal Dave's...

Take care all and have a wonderful day!

Tisza

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hahah cute :) though distrubing of thinking a prius as a mate

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

my electrophile prefers the outdoors. he/she/it (never did figure that one out) likes to be near other inferior cars. it boosts his/her/its self esteem to know the he/she/it is a hybrid while all the surrounding cars are lowly gas-only drones.

my quality time with him/her/it includes driving probably a little too fast down a good stretch of road, passing some arrogant expensive SUV, and kickin' it down the highway.

oh yes, and the weekly hand-wash and dry and occasional full interior detail.

sheesh, now what else am i supposed to do?

4. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the last time i gave totoro a bath was last may i think. and you do it every week? x_x oh the shame!! i'm such a poor owner :( :(

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My baby gets washed once a week by the mobile car washing service that stops by our office building every Friday morning (can't beat a $5 on-site wash!). I usually have them do just the exterior (they do a great job!) but I think I'll have them take care of the interior cleaning about once a month to keep it looking good. I've already started a tradition of going for romantic sunset drives during my lunch hour and on Saturday evenings, along the beach usually. :)

6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Glad you are still alive!

And my last excitement for our Prius (other than a 15,000 checkup and taking a nail out of her PAW...) was putting a Jack in the Box antenna ball with reindeer ears- but alas, the dealership lost it for me (during the checkup)....

7. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi Again,

Yup, we are all alive and well and have been very busy. I am hoping to be able to join you good folks at the next meeting. At the moment it is on my radar. I am looking forward to seeing all you good folks again.

Have a super day.

Tisza

8. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's because the English language dictates that using the possessive on a singular noun ending in s does in fact use 's, not s' as many people believe. I have never understood why some people were taught to use s' for singular possessives.... it creates an ambiguity, and sounds dumb, IMHO...

Links to confirm this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxon_genitive
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe#De...rds_ending_in_s

BTW, why is this topic in Audio & Electronics? ;-)

9. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Wow, learned something new early this day. I always thought people that added the s sounded dumb. So how do I add the s now that I know and not have people think I'm dumb? Oh well, it's not like I can hide the truth forever anyway.

10. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

I have no idea why this ended up in Audio & Electronics. Sometimes the world works in mysterious ways.

BTW, the "s" thing was a call back to a post of long ago about the plural and posessive of Prius, sometimes my memory and sense of humor are a little to long and off center for even my own good!

Have a super week all!

Tisza