1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I finally bought my Prius!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by CandyCanePrincess, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CandyCanePrincess

CandyCanePrincess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So, after months of looking around and wondering, I did it! I finally got it at a price that I was comfortable with.

I bought a package 2 prius. Gray on Gray (what I selected). No extras, just mats.

I paid $21,287 plus registration and taxes!!!

I'm happy with everything but the radio/speaker sound.

I will be looking into the extended warranty and a navigation system now. Off to look that up....and look up the sizing of two booster/car seats for the back.

2. CandyCanePrincess

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II

Since I'm getting multiple PMs with the same exact question, please allow me to be lazy and post a single answer. :)

No, this was NOT a trade in. It was a single purchase.
    No, it is not used. It had 14 miles :)
    I bought it from Northen California.
    Thanks.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! all the best!

4. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can wait on the extended warranty until near the end of the 3 year 36K warranty, you don't gain anything by buying it now. I'd suggest driving it for a couple of years, see how you like the car before spending that money.
    Great price on your car, that's about what I paid for my 2 just prior to the tsunami.....enjoy the car!

5. CandyCanePrincess

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Bisco! You know I waited and searched!

That's good to know re the warranty. I put it off for the same exact reason. :). I'm so thrilled I won't have to deal w another dealers bs!

6. Robsquatch

Robsquatch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is it the region northern California or the name of the place?

7. CandyCanePrincess

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought it from San Francisco, but almost every dealership in northern California had the same price. So, that is the name of the region, not a specific dealership. I bought it from sf because I have friends that live up there and we stayed w them for a few days. :)
    Good luck with your purchase. Don't rush. That is my best advice. I was looking actively since July 1st!!

8. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good price. Enjoy.

9. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the same car, a 2010. I love it! I didn't buy the extended warranty. I bought a Kenwood GPS/Bluetooth/radio/DVD Player/USB player that fits in the dash in place of the terrible radio. A backup camera is also a great add-on; rear visibility is terrible in Prius and the rear bumper scratches VERY easily. Paint protection film for the rear bumper isn't a bad idea.

Fuelly.com is a great way to track your mileage. I keep a link to Fuelly on the home screen of my iPhone and enter miles and gallons at each fill up, then I reset the trip odometer.

Toyota changed the oil change interval from 5,000 to 10,000 miles. On my 2010, the car nags you to change the oil at 5,000 intervals anyway. Other maintenance items: The cabin air filter is SUPER easy to replace yourself; it takes no tools at all. The engine air filter is also very easy to change yourself. You can have your dealer change the reverse beep so it beeps only once instead of constantly. Likewise he can program whether opening the door will unlock only your door or all four. He shouldn't charge you for either. The SmartKey doesn't just start the car, you can unlock the door by touching the handle as you open it, and you can lock the doors by touching the bumpy surface on top of the door handle.

Now you know all I've learned about Prius. Have fun!!!

I removed the plastic hub caps right away and bought four small wheel caps from the Toyota dealer for about $40, so now I have alloy wheels and I can put the hub caps back when I sell the car.

10. CandyCanePrincess

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I saw a link here about a $500 navigation system. I'll look around some this week, buy I will most likely get that system. I was debating about reverse camera. Hmmm :/

Now I need a fridge for my kitchen and two functional car seats that allow enough space for a slender human between them and my life will be all set. Lol!

For anyone else in so cal, flights to northern California are $59 on southwest and the Prius 2 is over 1k lower. My lowest price in socal was in LA for 22.2k

What octane gas is best? I read that I just need the lower octane one. And the constant
    beeping Of reverse is pretty annoying. Thx so much for letting me know that can be changed.

11. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, Prius uses 87 (lowest) Octane. Using a higher octane gasoline will reduce mileage, because higher octane can withstand higher pressure before combustion, which is great for high compression engines like V8's, but causes incomplete combustion in then Prius engine.

12. CandyCanePrincess

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks.

I see you're in the bay area. I bought mine from SF Toyota and the whole transaction was sooooo incredibly smooth and easy. They had most of my paperwork done and they insisted that they pick me up from the airport, IN OAKLAND!

13. WolfButtByte

WolfButtByte New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yo.....

I got my new Met. Blue 2010 with 5,450 miles on it three weeks ago. I surfed E-Bay Motors and came up with a 2010 in LA for sale.

It was bought from State Farm in Colorado and shipped to LA. it had a light fender bender ( The air bags did not even go off .... DO NOT buy a fixed Prius if the air bags went off ! ) .

I took the Amtrak 250 miles to Union Station in DT LA to pick it up. They were filming a movie in the 1940's Union Station and I had to stand outside on the sidewalk when the " rolling " film horn went off.

While on the sidewalk, I noticed a couple dozen bright yellow Prius Yellow Cabs zipping in out our of the station.

The salesman said LA has a " go green " incentive for the cabbies to use Toyota Prius's and that the Prius cabs buy Prius parts from their shop.

He blew me away when he said.......... " A lot of the Prius Cabs have over 300,000 miles on them. "

Jesssss !......... how is that for a Prius quality testimonial ? :)

I paid 15K for my baby. I do not drive it much. My friend asked why I do not drive it more ?

I told him I like to use it as a driveway lawn decoration and just sit in my yard and look at it !

It looks soooooooooooooooo cool ! :usa2:

Jim