1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I get my new 2016 Prius this week

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by alanclarkeau, Jun 27, 2016.

1. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought it - paid a deposit, pick her up on Thursday (or even maybe Wednesday.

The local dealer received a white 2016 on Friday, I booked a test-drive this morning, and also took the Corolla HYBRID for a run afterwards, and then bought the Prius.

The Corolla was a nice car, but I felt not quite in the league of the Prius, I thought the Corolla was superior to my recollections of the standard petrol one - the dealer said they'd had quite a few people test drive it since it arrived late last week, and a few orders already from those test-drives. That Corolla wasn't for sale, but being reserved for demonstrations - the first they could get deliveries was mid July for a red, or August for any other colour.

The salesman used to be a mechanic there, and when I asked about grade of fuel, he said that most people just put ordinary unleaded fuel in Gen 3 Prius with no ill effects, so Corolla should be the same.

It was the first Prius they'd received, and he checked inventory, and it would probably be at least a couple of weeks, maybe a month before they got any more, and even then may still be white. I was the only one to drive it, it still had the packaging stickers on it and the outside panels had white plastic protective coatings attached. It's now in their preparation area getting ready for delivery. It's a busy time for all dealers here, with end of Financial Year, so there are a lot of cars to be prepped before 30/6.

20160627_135001_resized.jpg

'LectroFuel, PriUncut, GaryD1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jorin

Jorin Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Congratulations! (y)

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congrats!

4. jbkendrick

jbkendrick Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations, your going to love it. The white with those fog lamps and wheels is beautiful. J

krmcg likes this.
  5. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been a long time coming - I first looked at Prius about 2005/6, again 2010/11 - both times got cold feet and went for more conventional vehicles. This time - no, bit the bullet. Maybe Plug In, more
    Thanks - I didn't even notice the foglamps - and the wheels have wheelcovers still to go on. The car had literally been delivered on a truck last Friday, left locked in the holding yard until ½hr before I drove and photographed it. Though - I do think they might look better without covers - I seem to have read somewhere that they improve the aerodynamics. But it's certainly an option. Maybe I could have covers on one side, and not on the other?
    20160627_134948_resized (1) - Copy.jpg

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, you actually did the deed?:p congrats my friend, many happy years of motoring. keep us posted on your experience, all the best!(y)

alanclarkeau likes this.
  7. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations! Looking Good...

alanclarkeau likes this.