1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got a GM Prefered Customer notice today!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by efusco, May 12, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Checked the mail and found a white envelope with only "Corporate Headquarters" Sprg., IL, with the words "Automotive Correspondence" over the mailing addy.

Inside this nice note with GM header inviting me to take part in "something special" that others will be "left out of"! :D

The assure me the event will be huge and that they're desperate for used vehicles and that there are huge rebates on new GMs that they "need to eliminate". Since I'm a prefered customer (never owned a GM personally) that they guarantee the highest possible trade-in and the lowest poss. price on new cars.

I'm still just chuckling! Does anyone get one of these and actually think they are a "prefered customer" or that they'll get a better deal thanks to this magical letter?

I'm instructed to present the letter along with my title or payment book when I arrive for "This elimination of inventory"!
    Ah, yea, I'll be there :p :p

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Perhaps you can show up in your Prius and ask what they'll trade you. Perhaps you can get an H1 before they stop making them.

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 12 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]254384[/snapback]</div>
    Darn! You hit the punchline first!!! I have also been a "preferred customer", never personally owned one and remember my mother dumping our Malibu as soon as possible because it constantly stalled (not to be confused with the ICE turning off at lights....)

4. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got one of those too, but I requested it through work. :) We get some employee discounts for all GM, Ford, and Honda brands. And by the fall my Prius will be pushing 50K miles...

5. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Elimination of inventory". Sounds like a bowel movement doesn't it?

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So let me get this straight (now that my knee-jerk joke is over).
    Are they performing what they call "inventory reduction"? Is that another way of saying "we can't sell these things straight out"?

Is this why they are blindly blanketing everyone in hopes that some people respond?

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SAPrius @ May 12 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]254403[/snapback]</div>
    This is a short thread but super rich in joke lines!! As a nurse I can totally see GM as a severely constipated patient. They are bloated, lethargic, full to the gills with S**T, oh I meant "inventory"... I guess some who are needing a cheap vehicle will bite but probably not enough. I have gotten these from Ford but not quite so desperate.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hey you could get yourself one of those "spirited cousins of the corvette" or however they're BSing it now... aka the cobalt... wouldn't that be fun? :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Having never owned a GM car, you are a preferred customer? I guess they realize those who have owned GM cars are unlikely to ever buy one again, so maybe they are right!