1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got the red triangle and code p3006

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by boostedsil40, Oct 17, 2019.

1. boostedsil40

boostedsil40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    This happened after removing the 12v battery from prius while the car had a parasitic drain from the trunk switch so im thinking this drained some of the cells?the code says "battery levels uneven"

This being said does this translate to the 12v and hv battery being uneven or just the hv battery?I take it some of the cells are uneven,would removing the hv and testing each cell block be the next step and fing the low voltage blocks and recharge?

I also readthis could be caused by a few other things like the orange power plug loose or hv ecu,My main questions are for anyone who had this code whats the next steps i should take in pin pointing the exact problem and how did you fix this?Thanks a bunch.

2. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I’ve removed my auxiliary battery a few times on Gen 1 since I don’t drive my car much and my battery dies and I invariably have to replace it. Never had that code pop up. If it was my car I would replace the battery with a new battery or recharged 12v battery. Get a code reader and start the car and clear the codes. If the codes continue to appear then you’ve likely got an issue with the hybrid battery and the system. You could possibly have some loose connections around the 12v battery from removing it. Watch for high voltage connections. I don’t believe the hybrid battery has any connection to powering any of the items mentioned in your post. It is simply for the drivetrain.

Check the least expensive items first. You could possibly even have a minor fuse issue that is blown. You didn’t say if the car would start.

From there, I would start checking with more experienced drivers and techs here on the site.

Good luck.

3. boostedsil40

boostedsil40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Thank you =]

4. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius