1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have a big issue- 2012 Prius c slipping/jerking at slow speeds

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Josh331, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Josh331

Josh331 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Guys my problem was fixed. It was the spark plugs. I mean before we fixed it, hearing that engine and seeing how it acted at low speeds would lead anyone to think that it’s a rod knock.. but it wasn’t. We took the spark plugs out that we had replaced two weeks prior, remember the same day when all of this began to occur, and not only were the spark plugs a different brand than what Toyota recommends, but the gap was way different and there was a crack on the second spark plug! So I threw in for used ones from another Prius see that my buddy gave me and it’s been perfect. Figured I would share in case anyone comes across this in the future with the same issue. Sorry if I spelled anything wrong I’m doing the talk text, have a good day

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nice work!

This old classic article has a good explanation, near the end, of why the relationship between the Prius engine and transaxle more or less guarantees a sound like the hammers of doom will result from pretty much any old misfire for pretty much any old reason. (The culprit in that case also turned out to be a spark plug.)