1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have been assimilated...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BellBoy, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations, and welcome to the boards! I find myself falling more in love with my car each day...is that normal? :D

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Who's the queen anyway? Resistance isn't only futile, it results in costing more to fill up at the pump.

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I don't know... but I have the same problem.... I just want to drive it all the time and look for excuses to take long trips..... forget all the cool naviagtion, MFD etc... just the handling alone is a pleasure!

It seems to only get worse.......

4. jtullos

jtullos New Member

Is that Seaside or Tideland Pearl? I ask because (other than the hybrid logo on the side and winter dirt) yours looks identical to our 05 Tideland Pearl.

And yes, the drive around Lake Tahoe is gorgeous. If I'm correct, that picture was taken on 50. My wife and I go up there on occasion. When the roads allow it, I love going over the Sierras by 50, the views are magnificent.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Now you know the rest of the story!

I have only heard of a cpl of people trading theirs in because they didnt like the view out the rear window...

Most of us are in love with the car "It's like another Beetle Craze".

Yes I have a little problem I love my car!

I too came from a 87' F150 6mpg cty/10mpg hwy, so the saving the first year in fuel costs paid back the over sticker cost..

If I stray from another Prius I would get a camry.. Personal pref. I dont like the civic it looks like someone pushed down on the roof of a prius and did a little pulling here and there..

I think the Prius really makes a statment of its owners.. :D

6. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah it's SP alright.

You are correct! I got on the 50 outside of Carson City and it was a beautiful drive. My only regret was not getting on the road sooner. I landed at Reno at 12:30, got to the dealer around 1:15...then left the dealer with the car about 5:00! Arg, almost four hours of delays since the car was literally right off the truck.

I brought my camera since I knew I was going to be seeing some great sights, but alas most of them were passed by in the dark. :(

The car handled so brilliantly on those twisty mountain roads that I thought that I was in some formula car...well compared to my Explorer anyway. :lol:

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Good... thanks for the confirmation.. I'm not going crazy!....

I know I have never actually driven a formula car, but this is by far the best I've ever owned... the plate really tightens things up.... I think Toyota is really missing it by not fixing that issue.

I bet Brian is hoping they never figure it out!

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I never thought about that but the Prius may be a bit like the Beetle, the first one with out the gas gage and the one gallon reserve pull when you ran out of gas .

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

thats a pretty good analogy..... when a car comes out thats so different than the norm, either it will be laughed to scorn, or become an idol.

There is a lot of competition out there today and it has to be more than "cute" to cut the mustard anymore.

The prius has earned her place on top of the pinacle for now until its superceeded.. "good luck".

A reserve gas tank would not be a bad idea, since the repercussions or running completely out are so bad..... But I know... you should never run out!.... :lol: