1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have been diagnosed with cancer

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by statultra, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Never lose an opportunity for a little humor. A couple of years ago, I drove myself to the ER when an allergy reaction caused my tongue to swell. After parking the car and entering the waiting room, I had lost the ability to swallow and talking was becoming difficult. Still, I joined the line to fill out the 'why are you here' slip:
    "My tongue has started swelling and I can no longer swallow. It has become difficult to talk."
    So the clerk put it in the queue and as directed, I sat down in the lobby. The expression on her face when she read my note was priceless. Soon I saw the triage nurse and within a few minutes, I was on a gurney.

So I'm finally in an ER treatment room with IV and various 'concerned' nurses, aids and the doctor. Now I'm barely able to form understandable speech but otherwise OK ... no problem breathing. So they decide to inject benadryl, one effective treatment for allergy reactions but it also meant I would be asleep in 15 minutes. The doctor was about to leave when I mumbled:
    "One more thing doc."

"What is that Mr. Wilson"

"My hair fell out."
    That instantly changed the atmosphere as everyone had a quick smile or chuckle. But I wanted to let them know:
    I'm Ok with what is going on so let's have a laugh and get on with what has to happen.
    So never pass up a chance to share a little fun in life . . . there are plenty who won't. <wink>

Bob Wilson

2. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its funny you mention that, when i went into the OR i told the nurses to let me know if its a boy or a girl when they are done removing it. The joke behind it is that when you have testicular cancer and take a pregnancy test, it usually comes out positive.

1 person likes this.