1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have NAV....sorta (actual hardware differs from documentation)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sourwookie, Sep 24, 2017.

1. sourwookie

sourwookie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I just got my first Prius, a 2009 Touring (though I cannot tell what trim package). It came with plenty of documentation, including the main manual and a quick start guide for the NAV.

My hardware differs from what is shown in the manual. I have four buttons flanking the screen, the manual has more. Additionally, there are numerous options shown in the manuals NAV section my NAV does not show.

It does display maps. I can pull up a menu and display points of interest. I’ve even had it give me directions I’ve entered by voice (when it manages to correctly interpret me).

Does anyone know what I’ve got and can direct me to some documentation for my specific NAV system?

2. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like the PO had the MFD (screen) go bad and replaced it with one from a non-nav car. I'm pretty sure the only difference in the screens are the buttons in the plastic surround (which is why you can get it to work using voice and the touchscreen). If you can find the PO, if they still have the bad screen, it may be possible to swap the good screen into the old surround giving you the buttons back. Or, you could eBay or junkyard a replacement screen from a 2006-2009 Prius (2004/2005 nav screens were different.)
    To check what your car came with when sold, go to Toyota Owners Vehicle Information Lookup site and input the VIN (you can also get Toyota service history if you register your car.)

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm pretty sure you can just get a surround with the right buttons ... Steve might have one, at autobeyours.com.

-Chap