1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I hear the wind a blowin'!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kathryn, Dec 30, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    although i dont recall a specific event and it hasnt dawned on me to be a real problem, but have you tried lowering the windows and then closing them again?

seeing if the seal is better the 2nd time around?

2. pepa

pepa New Member

We experienced blizzard conditions here in Northern Illinois last night - of course I was right in the middle of it. The freezing cold wind (30 - 40 Mph) was blowing to the driver side of the car.

I felt some cold coming in all the time, and so I investigated where is it coming from - it was literally blowing into the car around the driver side front door handle. I mean - you could feel not just cold around the handle, but actually the wind coming in. I even stopped to see if there isn't hole in my door outside. That bad!

I think I'll have to take the car to dealer, this can not be normal...

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I have sometimes felt air in that general area, but with the warmer weather it's harder to find it.

I don't know abot the Prius, but on many cars there is a thin plastic sheet glued to the door just underneath the inner panel, whose job it is to stop air and moisture intrusion. Sometimes it's done with foam seals. Perhaps some are missing?

4. pepa

pepa New Member

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. When I get chance I'll let the dealership check it out. It's not really an issue - it just became one when the icy cold wind blew at the door at 40Mph...

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    pepa... i love your avatar!!

actually never thought that the window seal might be loose. but i have been paying attention to any leaks and i found that the defrost even with the fan off leak air from the vents. but the vents in front can be closed. after doing that, i stopped noticing any kind of breeze at all.