1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Installed a Sherwood Dash Kit Today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mrblaise, Jan 11, 2009.

1. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I installed a Sherwood dash kit today. My wife originally bought it for me for my birthday in November but I decided to wait just a bit for it to warm up before I installed it as the directions say to do the installation in 70+ degree weather. (Yes, it was over 70 degrees here in California today ... lol). It wasn't too difficult to install. You just have to be patient in lining up the pieces as you really don't want to pick them up after the 3m adhesive hits the interior. Contrary to what the instructions state, I lined up most of the pieces from the middle of the piece as that's where most of the cut-outs, etc., are. I really like how it transforms the dash. I installed about 70% of the pieces. To me, a full installation would have been way too much. I stuck with covering the silver portion of the dash, armrests and the cup holder area. That part of the dash always looked cheap to me. I installed the Charcoal-Cherry color. The photos make it look much more reddish-brown than in reality. Here are some photos of the finished product.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. diversified

diversified Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Looks good! I put in a dash kit a year ago and have received nothing but great compliments. It gives the Prius a look 10X what comes out of the factory.

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks ... I'm really happy with how it turned out.

4. ronjuan

ronjuan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Like the dash, looks great...where did you get the leather seats? Was that aftermarket, they look cool..

ron

5. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, I got the leather seats after-market through Roadwire (Welcome to Roadwire Automotive Innovation). They have a plant in Commerce, California and made the seats custom for me. They picked up my car from my office in Los Angeles in the morning and delivered my car back to me my 3:00 p.m. with the seats installed. I chose the two-tone look from picking through at least 75 different color samples. I have nothing but kudos for the customer service they provided.

6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey, I LIKE that, very nice! Thanks for sharing what it looks like.

It is on for the life of the car, yes? Not something you change your mind about in a year?

7. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I'm sure that you could change colors if you wanted to. They have at least 40 or so different colors and shades including carbon fibers,aluminums, etc. I don't think you could realistically revert back to the original dash though as you use a special solvent that prepares the dash for the 3m adhesive. Frankly though, I'd never want to go back. I'm liking it more and more as time goes on. :)