1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just picked up an 07 prius and HATE it!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Priusguy07, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I vote troll. Moron too for what it's worth.

2. gforeman

gforeman New Member

I've filled up 3 times now.

My mileage was as follows:
    and...drum roll please...55 !

Short trips around town kill you. It's not the "Around Town" that's so bad, it's that the ICE takes a while to warm up before it does your starts all on Battery. I filled up Friday. Did a lot of short hops this weekend to the tune of about 35 miles and my average was 42. I took it to work today, and now she's sitting on 50.2.

I'm quite happy with it so far.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Jul 2 2007, 07:56 AM) [snapback]471479[/snapback]</div>
    34 mpg is definitely not impossible. I'm sure you can get it down that low by tons of idling w/the AC on, having the heat on while the ICE is cold (forcing the ICE to stay on), having lots of <5 minute drives, stomping on the gas and slamming on the brakes.

In the comparison at http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/84...pics-page3.html, they got between 16-18 mpg on ALL the cars they compared (Echo, Prius, previous gen HCH, and VW Jetta TDI) on the track. I don't have the print issue in front of me, but they had the actual figures in that. On the track, they'd definitely be very hard on the gas and brakes (probably almost always engaging the friction brakes before each turn).

4. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mhawkin1 @ Jul 2 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]471753[/snapback]</div>
    My office is across the street from a high school in a well to do Chicago suburb. MANY cars in their lot are nicer than the ones in ours. :(

5. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tballx @ Jul 2 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]472014[/snapback]</div>
    Seems more like a clueless teenager who was given the car by her rich parents. Since Compton was referenced, probably lives in a wealthy California suburb, as well.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    This thread has gone on long enough with no point and has lost its focus.

I'm going to close it and hope it dies a silent death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.