1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I love these taillights, where can I find them

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by koipond, Jan 21, 2014.

1. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    so far those are the best looking tail-lights for the PRIUS C that I've seen.

Does anyone know how to get them, or even what they are called?

ztanos likes this.
  2. waka

waka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They're not available for purchase, I'm afraid. It was a concept done by Kana Auto Works in Japan when the AQUA debuted there. That pic is almost three years old, so good luck finding it for purchase. :(

I just found some Brassen headlights (after waiting for two years) that look like the Kana Auto Works one. Here's a pic of the front of that car you posted.

[​IMG]

And before anyone asks, the little cap under the headlight is for a headlight washer. When you press a button, a small jet pops out and sprays the headlight to clean it for you. One of the options you can get in Japan. :)

Here's the Brassen headlights.
    [​IMG]

Currently selling for anywhere between $400-$600 right now.

mertechperformance likes this.
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What does that headlight look like in the daylight?

4. waka

waka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They're normal HID lights. The eyeline becomes the DRL like in the picture. The stock DRL/High Beam socket becomes only High Beams. It's customizable as well.

Problem is that US law requires that we have orange reflectors in the headlight casing. These have the clear reflectors on the side, so I'm not sure about the legality on it. I do see cars equipped with clear reflectors like the FRS/BRZ, so I really don't know what the deal is.

5. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The cars with clear reflectors like the frs/brz are aftermarket/jdm etc. They aren't legal here in the states but you aren't likely to get cited by the police for it unless they are in the mood to hassle you.

mertechperformance and ztanos like this.
  6. waka

waka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No, they're completely clear stock. There's no orange in the headlight unit.

They just moved it to the quarter panel by the wheel. So in other words, it's completely white/clear in the headlights.
    [​IMG]

7. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Oh, that's fine because it has the orange side reflector/light in the front bumper.

mertechperformance likes this.
  8. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I had my reflector painted Matt Black. Haven't been pulled over yet for it here in Texas for it. Don't know how anal the cops are in other states like California. So I don't know if there would be a problem with those headlights. I do like the DRL strip in there. Wish I could get my hands on just that part.

9. waka

waka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, it's like, Federal Law or something to have vehicles require the reflector on the front for some reason. As long as it's there somewhere, I think it's okay, but I'm not about to test it, lol.

They're more anal about it here in California, but it seems like they don't care. I mean, they can have a reason to pull you over if they wanted to, but if you're not doing anything stupid, they could care less is how I see it. I've seen a car with tinted taillights get pulled over in front of me. I thought it was me, but they called out the guy in the truck in front of me. His was super-dark though. Mine was the exact same thing as Garm's, so it's not that dark.

But as for the DRL strip, it's actually a part of the housing in the headlight. There's no way to get it out of there. :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mo G likes this.
  10. akaryanreynolds

akaryanreynolds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

Looks like these headlights are on ebay now with the amber corner reflectors

11. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone get them and have a clue on quality?

12. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four