1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need advice please on switching to a lower Prius package. (My 3rd Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Jan 18, 2012.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm 5'7". Not SUPER tall for a girl, but definitely not short. I took a measuring tape to my car last week and just chopped off 19-20 inches in the back. It's really not too bad. Regarding the size inside, I think I read a difference of like 2-3 inches in width. I'm pretty sure the small size will be fine for me. It's the interior and way it drives that has me nervous :unsure:

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just because the Fit seems small doesn't mean tall folks don't fit in it. A 6'7" former coworker of mine fits in his Fit. He also still has an 02 or 03 Altima. At the time I last spoke to him in person (years ago), he said he didn't fit in the Prius (I believe 2nd gen was the latest back then).
    Whoops... My bad. You could still retrofit the lights on the newer car, but if you're leasing again, you'd want to return them to stock before returning it.
    So... are you looking to get a new Prius because your lease is running out soon? How about buying it? What would you monthlies look like doing that? You can still sell when Gen 4 comes out. Or, can you extend your lease for a few more years? (hopefully timed to when Gen 4 comes out. I know little about leasing) When I posted my earlier reply, I didn't know you were leasing.

To me (if not leasing), there's little logic in going from a Gen 3 to a newer Gen 3, despite the mid-cycle refresh, unless your car is getting worn out (e.g. people who put tons of mileage on their car, like 2 fas 4 u who put in >460K miles on his 09 before he recently traded it for a Prius v) or to the point where it could become is becoming problematic.

I have no monthlies. I've only ever made monthly payments on one car I've had.

As much as I like new cars, I shy away from leasing as it seems like just a continual cycle of paying and not owning anything in the end. To quote one of our resident repair experts:
    ;)
    The Leaf that I've spoken about possibly leasing is only because the future resale value/market of EVs is unknown and the Leaf has no battery capacity warranty.

3. Insight-I Owner

Insight-I Owner 2006 Insight-I MT + 2011 Prius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    +1 on the lease = lose

If you must have heated seats, consider getting Wet Okole custom seat covers (Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers) with the carbon heating option. Originally designed for surfers' cars, they're made of neoprene wet suit material. I find them more comfortable than either leather or fabric materials, plus they add a touch of padding to the seat, plus they're waterproof. All sorts of color options. Pricey ($250-ish) but that's less than you'd pay for an option package/higher model to get the heated seats.

I had them on the 2003 Subaru (which I just sold) because I get into the car all sweaty after rowing. The covers eventually got dirty but when I took them off to show the car the upholstery looked brand new. And I got a great price for the car.