1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need another acc fuse but only found one

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by rock88, Sep 19, 2013.

1. rock88

rock88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi there,

I have a question here , i am not a car installer so not really knowledgable in this but I am trying to install a fake alarm led. The positive needs to be connected to constant which i found in the fuse box ##21 which controls which is for the front fogs. Now i need to find a acc fuse but i only see one which is already used by my positive wire from my rear view mirror back up camera monitor.
    I have a another acc but that controls the Main body ecu ,audio system , shift lock control which is fuse #16. I was told not to fuse tap any fuse that uses the ecu.So now i dont have a acc. I was wondering if i could connect the black ground to fuse #15 which has already been used by the positive wire from the backup camera monitor.There is many empty slots on the fuse box but not sure what the rating would be , for the led fake alarm i would probaly be using a 5 amp since the led dosent use much power.Is that safe , i guess the unused empty slots are for opitons the car did not include. Any suggestions would be great View attachment 57712 prius fuse (Medium) (Medium).jpg prius fuse (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    Heres is a picture of my fuse box in the cabin. thanks