1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need help figuring out exactly what type of prius I have

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Beano39, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok I know this sounds extremely dumb lol. I bought my 2007 Prius about a week ago, but now I am confused about which package or whether it is a touring version. You would think I could just ask somebody at the dealership I bought it at, but thats not the case, (which I know is completely ridiculous) Ive asked two or three different employees at the dealership and everyone has given me a different answer. I have heard package 5 & 6 the most though, although after reading some threads on here I think it might be the touring edition. Please somebody help me out.

My prius has the different alloy rims I think 16", they told me bigger spoiler and the different lights, but I don't know too much about those. I have tinted back windows and the interior is leather, and it has a leather wrapped steering wheel. I have a 6 disc cd changer and the JBL speaker set up. I have the GPS with the voice activated stuff, and the bluetooth setup as well. I have the backup camera & also the homelink \ auto dimming rear view mirror.

I wanted to attach some pics, but they wont attach for some reason. To see pics if you click on my profile I have 2 albums you can look at. Hopefully somebody out there can help me out. Thanks.

2. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a Touring #6. I would bet my life on it.

1 person likes this.
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, it's not dumb. Just because someone works at a dealership doesn't mean they know anything about the car. I asked a salesman for a test drive of a Prius V-AT. His response was, "5-AT? Automatic Transmission?"

If the leather is factory installed (sounds like it) you have a Package 6 which can be a Touring. The struts are conclusive. Read this thread: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/32947-touring-owners-check-your-rear-struts.html

1 person likes this.
  4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I was told the black plastic inserts where the accessory fog lights would be installed are in fact "front sensors". Pity you had to pay for that fancy-schmancy automatic transmission package to get them! :D

5. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks alot guys -I just went outside & checked the struts after I read the link & it Looks like it matches the pics of the touring struts for the 2007 prius but it says it's supposed to be pink & red but mine looks like it's white & red, but the pictures look more white & red also -it said the standard struts are blue & red -so I do not know I guess I'll try looking again tomorrow in the daylight

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You have a Touring #6. I would bet Blackmamba's life on it. :madgrin:

7. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol ok cool thanks

8. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    16" wheels plus longer rear spoiler plus the stiffer rear struts = touring. In the US. In other countries there may or may not be a "touring" model. You must have all three to have a touring. Anyone can change the wheels, it takes an enthusiast to change the rear spoiler, and the struts, well, the enthusiast must have too much money as well. ;)

But as you may see from the above, it's always possible to convert a non-touring to a touring.

Sooo, I'll have to conclude you have a Prius with 16" wheels and whatever else it has. The "model" means nothing other than the "option package" it came with.

9. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the standard European model is the U.S. Touring model. Toyota basically took the European Prius which had a 'European tuned suspension' and rebranded it as the Touring in the U.S. to make more $$$. It's all about the $$$.

10. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    And in Canada the 2004-2007 was equipped like the US "standard model", the 2008 was equipped like the US "touring", and the 2009 was a mix of the two! We've never been offered a "touring", and leather only came in with the 2010 (unless the dealer had aftermarket stuff installed).

1 person likes this.
  11. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The worst part of it all is that it makes it somewhat difficult to purchase aftermarket suspension parts.

H&R springs thought that my "Touring" was like a BMW Touring, that is, a completely different chassis such as a station wagon.

12. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so I just measured my rims & pretty sure they are 17" -so what does that mean

13. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Theyre 16"...you must have measured wrong.

14. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol I think ur right -I just looked up my tires & it says they are made for a 16"

15. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm gonna guess you have Turanza EL400s? 195/55R16?

16. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I do -Ha I think you know my car better than I do

17. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hahah ahhh i just have the same one. you're lucky your windows came tinted. I paid $250 for that! lol.

18. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome -so r there any wierd things with this model or have u had any problems?

19. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing weird at all.

Except, I'd like to put on 17" aftermarket rims. The problem with that is it kinda makes getting a Touring in the first place moot. So there's a psychological hump I have to get over.

20. Beano39

Beano39 Awesome Guy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good to hear no problems -17"s would look pretty cool, but will the mpg go down a little?