1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need Prius driving lessons

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by dbacksfan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Geesh, somehow I don't find your feedback very helpful or particularly friendly. I was really trying to be funny and make light of myself. Isn't this site supposed to informative and fror entertainment. But some people just take themselves too seriously? BTW, the sales manager, my ride along, encouraged me to test its acceleration. After all, it was a freeking test drive.

Oh and yes, I will always drive it my Prius uphill, never down. :rolleyes: I just got a good head start as it happens that the route back home required going up a long steady grade for almost the entire 40 miles.

I don't know why I wasting my time responding, as you probably don't have time to read this message as well.

2. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You must live in a land designed by M. C. Esher :)

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Maybe PC needs a new club - the I don't need no stinking MPGs club! :D Hmmm, kind of long, may have to work on the name a bit....

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But you will also gain space, comfort, utility, status, and smugness.

5. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my experience I disagree with you ... in my experience the (basically) coasting all the way down the other side MORE than makes up for the lack of fuel economy on the way up. I do note that this is considering that you go up at exactly the same rate as you'll go down, but I like I said the experience of basically using NO gas all the way down the mountain (infinity mpg practically) makes up for the fuel economy hit on the way up.