1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need to wash my car already! Any reccomendations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Don't worry. One trip down to the mall and my car (especially bottom half) is covered by dust. I want to go wipe it off but my whole family is asking my I'm so obsessed with this car! If I start polishing tires I think I will be going over the line!

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Hah!..... thats funny!.... I know what you mean.. I can't stand the fact that rain crap is all along the bottom of my new prius!... I was out in the rain today with a water hose rinsing off the car with a hood and coat on in the pouring rain!... I'm sure I looked like a real idiot to the neighbor across the street that seems to see everything!

I finally decided that until I wiped it with something it wasn't going to come off.... I drew the line at that and came in the house!...

Its tough keeping a car clean where I live this time of year.

I don't know alot about tire preparations... some of them are oily and only attract dirt... but If you could find something that actually repelled dirt that would be nice.
    that what I'll be looking for.

Hey if your gonna spend this much money on something you ought to be excited about it or you shouldn't have gotten it or else you have a ton of money to waste.

They don't understand because they are not in your shoes.... don't let them bug you.... Its cool to have something nice enough to cherish and take care of.

You can tell your wife or your family, that they say that if you want to see how a man takes car of his wife, look at how he takes car of his car!

I'm sure she will have some smart remark for that. :lol:

3. notsure

notsure New Member

We are 103-104 days now without rain, wanna trade weather patterns for a while?

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Yea..my dad is in the same boat in Texas.. they finally had one sprinkle last week but thats it since summer.

Wierd weather patterns.....

5. Dripps

Dripps New Member

I'm the SHE. My husband just opens the garage door and smiles! I hear the snide comments but I think he's happy that I'm happy.
    ;)

6. John in Portland

John in Portland New Member

Windstrings (and anyone else interested in tire cleaning):

Take a look at this link for a summary of Guru Reports independent evaluation of tire care products:

http://www.gurureports.org/press/wheel_cleaner_test.pr.html

They used to sell this info for $10, but on this page it is condensed for free.

Hapy polishing! ;)

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Now THATS a testimony that should be in the papers!.....

Way to go dripps!....... good for you!.....

Your decision is a classic example of what I mean.... there is a difference between a really nice car and a really nice cool car!

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know it may not be the best of the best, but I'm amazed at how well Armour all rates!