1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need your ideas, I am attracting every idiot on the frwy...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Les_PL

Les_PL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It is worth to study. I was driving BMW for two seasons. Of course I enjoyed the power, comfort and quality but I didn't feel so much pressure to speed-up unless it was really necessary i.e occasional overtaking or avoiding dangerous situations. Same with the Prius - I enjoy the ride as it is - pure driving of the well designed and constructed vehicle. I believe the other drivers in vicinity realise what is the good model of BMW and it is no need for me to demonstrate it's ability every single time. Maybe it's the matter of age and experience. What I can see it is the worldwide phenomenon. Either in the USA, or in Eastern Europe no other car brand is so controversial in regard of driver's behavior.

2. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Might be pretty hard to top homicide and pedophilia. Just sayin' :whistle:

steveoknievo likes this.
  3. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I think it would be cool to have one or both of the following modifications made to your vehicle.

1. Take a windshield washer reservoir, pump, and nozzle and hook up to the back of the car on a separate switch. Aim for windshield. Fill reservoir with diesel fuel. This will halt any and all tailgating.

2. Attach a compressed-air powered spear gun, mounted under your car aimed forwards for the assholes who cut you off in traffic. Power it to plow through the back and/or give enough juice to only punch through their transmission, it doesn't need to go all the way to the engine block to be successful. :rolleyes:

4. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Also thought this article goes well with the theme of this thread. I also find it funny how they include Prius drivers as bad too.. (I sort of agree, I know I'm not a picture perfect driver. I go the speed limit, slowing everyone down.. I do roll through stop signs to get better gas mileage :oops: etc.)

BMW Drivers SUCK

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting irony.
    The Prius is supposed to be eco-chic, and yet you think it would be cool to dump diesel fuel out into the environment.
    That's probably not quite legal even outside the PRC...
    I guess the OP isn't the only one with 'hate' issues. :D
    Just a guess here....but I'm thinking that mounting a spear gun on your car might not be 50-state legal either.
    Oh?
    The last time I was nearly killed on a motorcycle, it was because a baby-food green colored G2 "glided through" (ran) a stop sign at a two way stop. If I were to ascribe this behavior to all Prius drivers.....and If I were even more immature than I already am, I'd probably go around saying something like:
    PRIUS Drivers SUCK!
    However (comma!) I know in fact that most Prius drivers don't.
    They are a lot like me.....a driver with mildly less than average driving skills who is just trying to get from place "A" to point "next" in one piece. Everybody makes mistakes on the road, and everybody is either driving too fast or too slow relative to everybody else.
    It's a little more pronounced in the PRC because of a variety of reasons including population density and certain presumptions by the residents.
    I said "mildly less than average driving skills" because I've had the privilege of driving in 5 continents, and Americans are just about THE WORST drivers on the planet, despite having pretty good roads to drive on.
    Since, like most people, I presume that I'm a little bit better at doing the stick and rudder thing than my contemporaries, this places me firmly below average internationally speaking.
    I took a basic and advanced motorcycle rider's course each several times.
    No I didn't fail them...the military requires refresher courses.
    Each time I was stunned that despite decades in the saddle, I still had (and have) much to learn.......but I digress.

Most of the PR problems that the Prius Community currently enjoys is what I call a dead short between the seat and the steering wheel. As I said before....we're a visible minority, which means that the bad actors in our group will stand out with more contrast that the jerk in the F-150 that you were wanting to fire a bolt at or spray down with diesel fuel.

Enjoy your commutes, and if you're going to do the road rage thing....PLEASE! rent a car first!!!!

I drive a Prius too! :D

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Prius drivers can be bad. But BMW drivers were rated as the worst by the Insurance Companies Union.

Fahfoofnik likes this.
  7. Klaatu

Klaatu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I would like to raise an objection regarding the Southern California driver classification. New Jersey has the largest population of morons behind the wheel. If you do not believe me, take a quick ride theough the state. It is small it will not take too long. There are two proven facts regarding New Jersey - we have the highest property tax rates and the country's worst divers.

And my way of responding to an arrogant tail gator is to pick up the newspaper and read, with one eye on the road.

CraigB likes this.
  8. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This sounds comical if you aren't actually reading the newspaper, and dangerous if you are.. Lol.

In reality, when someone tailgates me, I slow down. A lot.

My earlier post was simply kidding, sort of ;)

9. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Oooh heck yes! I was there two months ago and they can be crazy. My co-worker was renting a car and the first car that came up was a Fiat and the lady told her, "Ooh no honey child, you can't be drivin' no small car like that around here, you'll get smushed". Most hillarious thing ever! She ended up in a big ol' Camery, lol. I was near Camden so hell no I wasn't going to pop a tude with anyone on the road; one of the highest crime ridden places per capita around...something like 2,500 vilolent crimes per 50,000 in 2012 compared to other cities that had like 400. I don't recall the exact numbers, but it was nuts.

10. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just ignore them, that's all you can do...

You don't want stuff to spiral way out of control like that incident in New York just these past week...

Jeffrey Jessup likes this.
  11. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah.
    Motorcycle riders like me cringe every time we see stuff like that, just like I hate the idiots who weave in and out of traffic or hack the mufflers off of their bikes.
    (Disclosure: one of my bikes has a modified exhaust, but it's legal and I try to be a courteous rider)

You are ALWAYS better off ignoring bad actors on the road than you are in escalating a bad situation into a REAL bad situation. There's always somebody who is going to be willing to go one wrung higher on the ladder of force than you are.
    It's better to arrive at your destination with a bruised ego than it is to be on CNN. :)

Corwyn and ftl like this.
  12. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The Prius is a small car, whether it's the liftback or the c, and what the OP experienced, a number of times is something i "experienced" as well BEFORE i placed a sticker on my window.

I NEVER, get this Bimmer attitude when im driving the SUVs, even though i drive it like the prius, very gentle on the gas and i glide most of the times, especially on the carpool lane.

Anyway, going back to the sticker, i got it from a friend since i don't own a GuN.
    It's the NRA ( National Rifle Association) sticker.
    It's one of two things:

1. Most of the jerk are "members" so they give courtesy to a fellow NRA
    2. The driver thinks twice not knowing how i will react given the chance.

13. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Soo, NRA = Jerk now?

Pretty ignorant.....

steveoknievo and fuzzy1 like this.
  14. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You "twisted" my words. :rolleyes:

15. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I would be extremely careful about going partisan with a topic of this nature, especially on a public forum. You obviously don't know much about the NRA and if we were anything like you're assuming, you'd be making a mistake. Luckily, you're ignorant.
    NRA.JPG

And on that note, why bluff? (Yes I drive this way EVERY DAY.)
    Inside my Prius C.JPG

Thanks for proving our point!

Jimmy005, Matt H and 2015Prius2 like this.
  16. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    1. Most of the jerk are "members" so they give courtesy to a fellow NRA

Kinda hard to twist what is pretty clear...

2015Prius2 and steveoknievo like this.
  17. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No, I don't believe he did..

2015Prius2 likes this.
  18. alexisd3000

alexisd3000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd drive faster, I know it's not great of me but if I'm passing people at 80mph in my prius c I'm still getting 10mpg better gas mileage than them (which will help pay my speeding ticket I got last week).

19. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    He said most A are B, you claim he said Most B are A. He did not.

No where did he claim most members were jerks. Only that most jerks were members.

markrivers, MJFrog and ftl like this.
  20. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This is a great example as to why you DO carry with you. Talk about roadrage.