1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need your ideas, I am attracting every idiot on the frwy...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry, got confused when you posted about the Prius in the Prius C forum and you did mention the C ;). I'm with you now. But notice I said 5 year cost of ownership, not just initial.

2013 Prius C 4 = ~25k

2. Jeffrey Jessup

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So if traffic flow is 20mph over the posted limit (not uncommon), the Prius driver will get a ticket for driving the posted limit? Sounds like they either need to raise the limit or ticket the violators. I know I'm jumping to absurd assumptions but it does seem to be real world driving experiences. Driving up to 5mph over the limit usually means I'm a moving pylon with even big rigs occasionally blasting past unless traffic is being slowed by an accident or congestion.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The add sounds good. but I would not jump in.

I don't believe mpg claims until I see them on fuelly.

the test driver said he got 43 mpg. that is the same as our camry hybrid gives us and we spent like 10,000 less. I believe it may be a nice car. but dependibility is proven in camry hybrid and mpg is also.

I do hope the Accord is even better than epa on fuel and ends up a great sucess! but I would not buy one at a higher price than camry with similar options until they have proven they are dependible and what mpg really is. It has a 196hp. camry 200hp, test driver actual mpg 43, camry mpg 41( I get better than 41:) ) I will wait and see.

4. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they're more patient. What I believe happens is someone recognizes the hatchback body style of the conventional Prius, they instantly get irritated for whatever immature reason. They then go out of their way to make the driver in the Prius submit to their authority. With a C it's a little different.. Because the C doesn't look like the hatchback. When someone gets behind you and see's it's a Prius, they almost feel tricked because it's not what they were expecting, and *poof* now they're angry.

There's a reason people don't stereotype the Yaris. Because it looks like other smaller cars out there and blends in. The Prius C does too until the person tailgating you see's you're in a Prius, that makes it so much worse in their twisted minds.. At least I think this is completely possible and I honestly feel like after I took the Prius C badge off of my car, attitudes got better. Do people still tailgate? Sure.. But it doesn't seem to happen with the same severity or frequency as it used to.

Who knows, maybe it's that NRA sticker I have on the back helping to calm down the driver behind me :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How can we enter the minds of those passing us at high speed?

The truth may be that the impatient person passing you dangerously at high speed would of passed you dangerously at high speed whether you were driving a Prius or any other vehicle.

I drive the speed I want to drive, in any given situation and I try to ignore the variances of speed of those around me. If somebody blows past me at 10-15 or more miles above the speed limit? Well? I guess they are taking all the risk of my getting a speeding ticket away from me...thanks.

In this day and age? I wouldn't bother flipping anyone off. You never know the long term or short term psychology of the mind behind the other wheel. It they are unnecessarily angry? I don't really want to fuel that fire in any way shape or form. Seen to many videos of wacko's that start stalking a vehicle. I'm more than happy to watch anybody that immature or that bad of a driver either fade away in my rear view, or fade away as they drive past me.

6. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    When I first got my C, I was thinking about changing the badge on the back, and removing toyota emblem with scion and removing prius and replace it with some other and adding turbo or TDI just as a joke.:LOL:

did you remove them yourself? and if so was it difficult. I guess I would probably go to body shop for the center emblem change to scion. I don't want to mess up the paint.

As for the NRA sticker I am not a member, but I am considering it. It seems that the government has forgotten about the constitution. and we are giving up our rights. The government thinks that we belong to them, instead of them belonging to us.

mtbiker53 likes this.
  7. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My NRA sticker comment was sarcasm. I'll send you a PM so we don't thread-jack.

8. pointcrossed

pointcrossed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's a deterrent; if more people have them, drivers start thinking rationally before thinking stupidly.

No sane person wants to be in court with a judge looking at their stupidity.

In other countries it's mandatory to get a major insurance discount, and to report accidents.

$50 or less online, stick it to your mirror and go until you need it!

9. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    - Best advice. Rational. Safe. IF only we can be rational in the heat of the moment. it takes age and experience to hold back.

10. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    [​IMG]

1. how do you define Concealed?(n) as in Concealed Carry Permit?
    are you in California?
    then you You need to READ this.

Automobile carry:

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.
    The term “locked container” means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

Open Carry:
    Open Carry in California is prohibited in all incorporated areas. It may be legal in some rural areas if it is unincorporated and has not been made illegal by the county.

And i fully support the 2nd AND the 1st Amendments.

2. Define Ignorance. :D
    3. Define Owned. :p

By the way, my brother who served 3 tours in Iraq is now working at the Sheriff's department.
    You can PM me your contact info i'm pretty sure he can educate you more about the CCW in CA.:)

11. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got off topic:) I guess I will look for a thread with emblem changes and stuff like that:LOL:

12. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've decided to tackle this post one "ignorant" remark at a time.

I am amused that you took the time to research the Penal codes of California and write a lengthy reply to my old post, but you never took the time to gander at my profile where it clearly reads FLORIDA as my location. Also just in case you're wondering it's perfectly fine to have your gun with you in a closed container in your vehicle, whether it's openly displayed or not is irrelevant since vehicles are considered to be a "private conveyance."

Where in my post did I say anything about having a concealed weapon or a concealed weapons permit?
    Doesn't sound like it to me.

Nowhere did I say it was loaded.. (It is loaded though, what good are they without ammo?) Oh by the way a holster is considered a closed container just so you're aware.

And if you thought I was stupid enough to carry a firearm and represent both the NRA and pro-gun communities *THEN POST IT ONLINE* without doing something as simple as checking out the laws in my state, you're even more ignorant than I thought you to be prior to seeing this post.
    Talk about irony...

ztanos likes this.
  13. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ha, I don't think it's that big of a deal.. Besides, some posts are worth getting off topic for. (See my above post for a perfect example.)

14. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is completly off topic. but everyone has a basic right to defend themselvs. and if law abiding people are told they cant carry a weapon, most wont and then it becomes much safer for criminals to use a weapon on others. without guns the strong will take advantage of the weak. knowing they are unarmed. how tragic!

15. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I stand corrected. I thought something looked strange as my location is not mentioned on my small profile attached to each comment. Looking at my settings for whatever reason it seems that my location was not public. In any case, the rest of my post is justified. Sorry to thread-jack, I promise it'll stop now.

ztanos likes this.
  16. dcb

dcb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Logic analysis

A implies B doesn't mean B implies A

All cats are animals but all animals are not cats

Many jerks are NRA members therefore many NRA members are jerks is illogical.

Many jerks are NRA members but not many NRA members are jerks is a valid logical statement. I'm still not judging and saying either part is true or false, just applying logic.

I drive a prius, motorcycle and truck, each when its the best vehicle for the trip. In all cases I'm a defensive driver because there are a percentage of drivers that are unskilled, distracted and jerks. I also speed in all vehicles, and of course think I'm a good enough driver to do so safely. Yes, clear bias and little logic in that last statement.

Let cool heads prevail, rarely does anger or fear help the decision process, only the execution once a decision is made.

markrivers likes this.
  17. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Having a holstered weapon isn't going to stop you from being tailgated or otherwise getting your little feelings hurt, and people drawing a weapon BECAUSE of a traffic dispute is what causes gun rights to be threatened.
    In most free states, it's legal to carry in your car. It is illegal is all 50 states to draw your weapon unless you have a fairly good reason...and "good" and "legal" not always mutually inclusive.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

News Flash: You're not the only armed driver.

Seriously....
    It's only traffic. :rolleyes:

markrivers and ftl like this.
  18. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is ignorance the new fad?

I don't remember the post about the holstered pistol being about stopping tailgating, it was about the ignorant NRA sticker post and saying not all prius drivers are anti gun tree huggers.

And bringing up the Trayvin Martin case???? Come on!!! Really????

There is a difference between carrying a pistol to protect yourself and your family and being an wannabe cop.

Jimmy005 and steveoknievo like this.
  19. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Trayvon was both a good and legal reason to draw.

steveoknievo likes this.
  20. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wrong!
    That is a case study in force escalation gone wrong, and it's the main reason why the anti-gun crowd will prevail in the end WRT gun rights.
    It's not so much that the leftists are on the right side of right and wrong---because they're not, but in this and many other cases people (like me) will ultimately be deprived of the right for self defense because some temperamental nut-job decided to play Barney Fife without the benefit of keeping one bullet, and only one bullet in his front pocket.

If you're driving and somebody torques you off, then you know what?
    It's a helluva lot more dangerous for you to swap gestures, then more gestures, then paint, fists, rocks, and ultimately whatever you have, than it is to shake it off and go about your life.
    There's always going to be somebody out there who has one more gesture.....a little bit harder fists...who is willing to trade paint, or shots.....and over what?

Because somebody cut you off??? :eek:

The military spends hours and hours, and MORE hours on ROE, and UODF---which stands for rules of engagement, and use of deadly force--- and do you know what?
    They're still HORRIBLY equipped for occupation and counter-insurgency because Law Enforcement Professionals spend YEARS in shoot-don't shoot training, and they still fumble the snap occasionally.
    That's not a slight on LEOs. They have a tough, low-paying job protecting a largely ungrateful citizenry who will spend years picking apart decisions that they have less than three seconds to make----and they have the added benefits of the real danger of being shot dead in the streets, or, having to explain to some grieving family member that their loved one is cooling off in the city morgue because somebody with more weapon than brains wouldn't back down from a confrontation.
    That's why....if you're carrying a weapon, or just driving a car YOU have to have the judgement and maturity to back down from a confrontation.

Your call, but I have to have a much better reason to draw a weapon than somebody hurting my feelings....and if I'm armed I'm not about to get into a pissing contest if I can avoid it at all - but that would also be true if I were unarmed.

YMMV! :)

MJFrog, markrivers and ftl like this.