1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need your ideas, I am attracting every idiot on the frwy...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    All of this because somebody posted an ignorant remark about using an NRA sticker to intimidate people into behaving on the road.

My post in response to that comment is what has been taken out of context here. If you haven't read all of the comments please don't take them out of context, read the entire story before commenting. That'd help loads.

My holstered Glock 19 is NOT in my car so I can protect myself from road rage specifically. It's to protect myself if/when (God forbid) evil in any form decides to knock on my door one day. I just showed the ignorant commenter a photo of my setup to enlighten him.. To tell him that some of us are of the mindset that guns are a nice thing to have around, and they shouldn't be used to intimidate or coerce folks into driving one way or another (using an NRA sticker with this mindset is an example).

The bottom line is evil has many forms and will present itself whether or not you're prepared for it. This is why I opt to protect myself by carrying the handgun everyday. NOT by brandishing or intimidating with it as markrivers wrongly uses an NRA sticker to do.

Do I go out of my way to cause trouble because I have a gun on me? Nope. Nobody should even though some do. Nobody said having a weapon would stop tailgating, that wasn't the purpose of the photo and obviously isn't realistic unless you're playing a Grand Theft Auto game.

2. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Your post is an evidence of your mental state.:D

And yet you're UBER SENSITIVE about A simple NRA sticker on a windshield?
    you expect US to believe you don't go out your way to look for trouble?
    C'mon! Who are we kidding here.(n)

Going back to my post, "im SORRY if i hit a nerve.:(
    i said some jerks ( referring to jerks on the road ) are members of an organization.. i NEVER said ALL members of that organization are jerks!

and you likely checked all the boxes, you are a jerk and you're a member, ergo that post was meant for you. talk about PARANOIA.:eek:

Stop being emotional for a second about your membership.
    A lot of people RESPECT The SECOND Amendment,
    but it doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make US supporters of your organization.

If you can't comprehend that, maybe an example will make it Crystal clear.
    I respect your right to smoke BUT i don't support the Tobacco companies and their lobbyist at Capitol Hill.

AND a non violent, no contact, less confrontational way against THESE jerks on the road is the BEST and SAFEST way to go.

in my case, the sticker worked!!:)
    it's better than a middle finger, yelling or a pit maneuver.

3. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Are you kidding me? You think I was serious about that post? Wow, you're making yourself look like even more of an nice person with every post. Keep it up(y)

4. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm not being sensitive about anything, you're just being a hypocrite involving something that is extremely polar and very sensitive to the entire country right now. Putting the name of an organization you don't believe in to better yourself spells out HYPOCRITE to me, but hey I'm just uber sensitive right?

Why don't we make things real simple. You do your thing, I'll do mine. I should have known better than to call you out on your stupid comment. You just keep making more of them. Feel free to crawl back under your bridge now.

5. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    ^ name calling is what people ( in this case Steveoknievo) use when they don't have a lot of vocabulary OR when they can't dispute a point.

Going back to the issue," i need your ideas i am attracting every idiot on the freeway".

the Prius is not just a car. IT is a statement. You can consider it as a middle finger on wheels against the gas guzzlers on the road.Some people stereotype a Prius driver as being Democrat/ Liberal right away, hence the aggression.
    ( ask any CIVIC hybrid or Camry Hybrid owners how many times they get this rude attitude..and you'll understand my point)

Purchased the car in 2011. YES there was the issue about saving money, but our family wanted to show MORE support for our brothers and sisters in the Armed Forces. Less dependence on fossil fuel.
    Our father was a WWII veteran and my brother served 3 tours in Iraq, so WE know, first hand the sacrifice that every family makes each day...SO we can enjoy our Freedom.

We wanted to do our part, among other things and buying a hybrid car then ( and now an electric RAV4 EV) is one of the many ways of showing support.

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Bad attempt at trolling. You obviously can tell people are being serious and sarcasm doesn't translate into text.

7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Please explain how I'm wrong. He was getting his a$$ whooped back on the concrete with a 6' something man standing over him bashing his head in the concrete.

If that's not a good time to defend yourself... please tell me when is.

8. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's like many things in life.
    You either understand it, or you don't.
    This started out as one of 643 (latest count) threads about people singling out Prius drivers for road rage. Interestingly enough, this sentiment exists even in the Priussy community, members of which drive cars that do not look very Prius-like.
    Either tailgaters are very selective...Prius drivers all drive like morons or perhaps.....juuuuuuuuuust perhaps, Prius drivers are just like all of the other drivers who regularly get their feathers ruffled on the road.Me?
    I drive a Prius.
    Can't hide that.
    I also choose to own and carry a concealed firearm.
    I can and DO hide that.
    As a member of both the Prius and the firearms communities I get more than a little annoyed at the bad actors in each.
    My apologies to each, but if you drive a Prius, in my never-to-be-humbled opinion you're entitled to no more or no less consideration than any of the other 200 million drivers in America...and for the most part you're not picked on any more or less than any of the others either.
    Just remember....for every Prius 'victim', there's an 'ambassador' out there struggling furiously to help spread "Prius Hate" (real or imagined) throughout the land.
    I'll leave the reasons for any contrary perceptions to the studio audience. ;)
    As far as turning this into a UODF or ROE discussion, we'll have to meet in the Pancake Haus to talk about that.

Apologies again for the Pitt Maneuver on this thread.

Peace.
    Out.

markrivers likes this.
  9. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "the Prius is not just a car. IT is a statement. You can consider it as a middle finger on wheels against the gas guzzlers on the road"

Really? Come on!!!

The Prius is just that, A CAR. It is not a statement, it is that mentality that gives most people driving a Prius a bad name. If you bought your Prius to put yourself in a class of people or make a statement, that is just sad.... How about buying a car for the reliability and great mpg?

ftl and steveoknievo like this.
  10. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

So you bought the car to support your family that served in OUR military, but bought a foreign car to do that? Odd

steveoknievo likes this.
  11. markrivers

markrivers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    we're getting off topic here! are you still hurt/ or you just can't accept..OR refuse to accept logic about the NRA sticker? can we move on? it's true that the Prii are assembled in JAPAN but not all TOYOTAs.

anyway, if you HONESTLY believe that American cars are all made in America and Foreign cars are made OUTSIDE the states..i can't have an intelligent discussion with you:(

OUR 2008 Toyota Camry SE was assembled in Kentucky.. thus helping the locals in kentucky
    Toyota Kentucky -|- The Official Website of TMMK

and the new Toyota Avalon is produced here in the US, again bringing jobs locally
    Toyota Avalon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Graphic Representation of What's Really "Made in America" - Feature - Car and Driver

10 Cars You Didn't Know Were Made In America - Kelley Blue Book

10 Cars You Didn't Know Were Made In America - Kelley Blue Book

The 7 most made-in-America cars that you can buy - The Week

What Are the Most American-Made Automobiles? - MSN Autos

and the Toyota RAV4 EV uses the TESLA battery ( an American Company).

AND toyota gives $1,000 military discount for people in active duty.

So..

2012PriusC what have you done to support our troops?

CraigB likes this.
  12. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Not when you insert queues that suggest otherwise. Rolling eyes smiley being an example....

OR my subsequent post saying that it was sarcasm..

13. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "2012PriusC what have you done to support our troops?"

Not as much as I'd like to, but the difference is I don't need to pat myself on the back on a public forum that I bought a foreign car to support my military.

Seems like your comments are getting a little desperate, seems like you just can't handle that quite a few people aren't agreeing with you, and not everyone is making the same "statement" that you are trying to make by owning a Prius.

And I do acknowledge that some foreign cars are "assembled" here and that quite a few U.S. manufacturers use plenty of foreign parts. But I don't brag about buying a foreign car to support our military when major majority of the profit goes to another country to support their government. It's all a matter of greed in my case. I don't like buying foreign, but until the U.S. auto makers produce a car that gets around the same mileage as the C that is anywhere near the price, I will gladly buy American again.

steveoknievo likes this.
  14. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Plus it's not like he's even served himself.. He acts like because his family has he's all high and mighty. Quite amusing.

Not to mention that the LAST thing one would take away from someone purchasing a Prius is that it's supporting American troops.. How does this make sense at all? Last time I checked Toyota was a Japanese based company and that the Prius was manufactured in Japan and imported here...

15. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe a change in the thread title can bring this whole derailed topic back on track...change the title and carry on boys..."I need your ideas, I am attracting every idiot on the forum..."

Bottom line is be a defensive driver but not an idiot, otherwise you really are no better than the guy you are complaining about. The stats I last heard was people who speed are only gaining a few minutes in their overall commute.

And if anyone uses my comment as a quote I'm charging you...double! :p

16. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Done!

17. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    And don't forget to hit the like button ;) . Thanks and come again. :D

18. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not really, after looking at how much foreign oil is needed to drive an 'American' gas guzzler.

MJFrog and ztanos like this.
  19. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm bowing out of this thread, this could go on forever. I see and somewhat understand some of the points that have been brought up, but we should just agree to disagree and move on. Awesome thing is we are all entitled to our own opinions

steveoknievo likes this.
  20. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    True... but not everyone reads every post like I do. :)

steveoknievo likes this.