1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need your ideas, I am attracting every idiot on the frwy...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Absolutly Red Hot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Doesn't answer my very specific question or initial point... but I agree with everything you have written here. I think you mis-replied to me earlier which may be causing the confusion now.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Foreign oil dependencies. Less oil needed means less soldiers fighting "wars" that are made up by the government to get oil. If you want to support our troops and stay patriotic you should drive the 100% electric 100% american Nissan LEAF. :D

markrivers likes this.
  3. bilzhorse

bilzhorse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    While the Nissan Leaf is "assembled" in the U.S. it is not 100% American. In fact, it contains only 15% local parts and 80% from Japan. U.S.-Made 2013 Nissan Leaf Has Only 15 Percent Local Content; Here's Why

ztanos likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    :) But Americans are building them and American coal is burning to produce the electricity, it's the most "Murican" car on the road.

5. JG2

JG2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Thanks for offering a new perspective. I will do that.

The infuriating part about it is that I was already moving with the flow of traffic. The lanes to my left (in incident 1) and my right (in incident 2) we're clear for any passing or lane changes. I admit that I drive 10 to 15 mph OVER the speed limit, so I know my speed wasn't an issue. I also get frustrated with the gap, and I tend to close it up while driving. I have thought of every possible reason, but there was nothing I could have done differently, save sitting at home and not being on the road at all.

6. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am thinking about removing the prius c and hybrid badge on the back. and possibly replace with something else as kind of a joke. I have heard others say it made a difference in how people drive. the people seem less impatient.

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^

Maybe you could replace them with something like a Maserati badge.
    As a joke?
    Yeah. I get that.
    The Prius community could really use the levity, but if you're doing it to change the world or change how people look at you when you're slogging your way to work, then I can probably save you some time, a little bit of money and maybe some disappointment.

Spoiler Alert: It's not going to matter. You're just another gazelle in the herd. From a quarter mile away, you look pretty much like all of the other ones. ;)

coyote303, CraigB and markrivers like this.
  8. CraigB

CraigB Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Love the gazelle analogy, made me laugh my tail off. I'm more of a zebra with changing stripes. But when you're running full speed the stripes all look blurred.

9. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    today I removed the prius c and hybrid logo. it only took 5 min total. after washing car I used fishing line and pulled it behind logo then used my finger to rub off the extra glue left behind, a quick wash and wax of the area where the logo was and its perfect.(y) I think corvette may show up on there someday.:LOL:

If nothing else it could give some tailgater a laugh:)

steveoknievo likes this.
  10. JG2

JG2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    :) LOL

11. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    In reference to #1, you don't have to move the reservoir, just wash you windshield at speed and any tailgater will get get a free window wash if he turns on his wipers (they tend not to like that), because I wash my windshield for a really long time. Actually as long as they are on my bumper

steveoknievo likes this.
  12. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    responding to ETC(SS) What? who ever sugested pulling a gun on someone?

I have no problem with guns at ready for self defence! And since you brought it up. I believe that violent criminals have no problem using weapons on you even if they are against the law. If someone is going to hurt you like the violent motorcycle riders a couple of weeks ago. they chased the family in their car until he got stuck in traffic. then one took off their helmet and smash in the window pulled him out and beat yhim. If you have a gun you should use your gun to KILL them. That will be one less voilent criminal. and it may cause fear in the mind of the next criminal who will use their strength or weapon or whatever they want to do what ever they want to you next.

Guns put most everyone on an even level. even an old person can defend themselves if they have a gun. So this keeps strong violent elements at bay. out with the guns and they will overpower the weak. I hope the next rapist who waits in the dark to chase and violently attack gets a lead injection.

Jeffrey Jessup and steveoknievo like this.
  13. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think it would be cool to have one or both of the following modifications made to your vehicle.

1. Take a windshield washer reservoir, pump, and nozzle and hook up to the back of the car on a separate switch. Aim for windshield. Fill reservoir with diesel fuel. This will halt any and all tailgating.

2. Attach a compressed-air powered spear gun, mounted under your car aimed forwards for the assholes who cut you off in traffic. Power it to plow through the back and/or give enough juice to only punch through their transmission, it doesn't need to go all the way to the engine block to be successful. :rolleyes:

in responce to #1 I must tell you if I get close trying to figure out what model toyota car is in front of me:unsure: and you spray diesel on my winshield. I will be angry :mad: and may do the PIT technique to your car.:ROFLMAO:

I think spraying oil on the road infront of the car tailgating car on a corner could be very effective also:LOL: I sometimes adjust my mirror hopeing is will reflect their own headlights back in their eyes. I haven't been able to perfect this, any tips would be appreciated.

14. navyjoe1987

navyjoe1987 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've noticed a few more drivers acting stupid around me since my purchase. I was in the far left lane in 20 mph traffic that was stop and go. The guy on front of me kept hitting his brakes last second so I kept a good distance since it was raining. We would stop so and go so I would stay in EV since there was no reason to rush up just so I could stop again. I kept a constant go at about 15 mph since it was stop and go. The lady behind me starts flashing her lights and flipping me off. And naturally when people are idiots a give them the friendly thank you wave you give when someone lets you over. I do it with extra enthusiasm. She then proceeded to give me the I'm going to slit your through signal. The funny thing was that once the highway opened up I got away from her easily and she stayed going slow so I don't know what her problem was. I expected her to peel out past me but she got left behind. Wierd. I think it's funny. Sadly when someone is an donkey and tailgates or treats me bad I reverse it and go slower. I guess I'm sort of an donkey.

minkus, Erinmarie424 and ztanos like this.
  15. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This made me laugh. I'm the same way.

16. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

If you are drawing the ire of other srivers perhaps you are the problem. Get over thinking you have to get 60 mpg and drive with the trsffic flow even if it means getting only 45 mpg. Thats a lot faster than the grumpy old man. Good drivers aren't moving traffic pylons.

As far as BMW drivers go they've been innoculated with that 'ultimate driving machine'
    gobbly-gook and think they know how to drive. Take it from teaching a bunch of students driving BMW's in high performance driving schools they aren't, at least coming in. They have no concept that accelerators and judgment are analog functions, not digital. Some became good drivers; the rest we never saw again. Being outdriven by Hondas had a negative effect on them I guess, so they had to retreat to traffic where the opposition aren't trying to drive faster than everyone else.

17. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I removed the prius and hybrid logo from the back and changed the center one to scion. I have noticed less super aggressive tailgateing. I still have people tailgate, but it dosent seem like everyone has a lession to teach the prius driver.

18. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    my negative experiences have really been ramped up during these holidays.

1. backing out of a parking spot in a diagonal-style lot, i had some donkey coming the wrong way at over 20 mph, they were several feet from hitting me.
    2. had someone pass me on the right shoulder (extremely close call) while entering the 210 freeway yesterday
    3. someone opposite me turning left while i was turning right [onto the same street, in the same direction] nearly rear ended me (driving like they had the right of way) - then swiftly passed me on the right to immediately cut me off to make a left turn.
    4. i had a green arrow to turn left into a mall parking lot. someone opposite me, wanting to make a right turn into the same mall entrance, just decided they would.
    5. moments later in the parking lot, had someone make a right turn (exiting a lot onto the street that encircles the mall) directly in front of me (on the street that encircles the mall) w/o looking.

not sure if i mentioned it in this forum but i was the victim of a hit and run fender bender earlier this month. since i wasn't able to get identify the car/driver, i am responsible for my ($1,000) deductible. the damage has been estimated at about $900.

i don't have the $900 to spend right now... i'm left hoping to get hit by someone who has insurance. the number of close calls i've had in the last several weeks; it seems like only a matter of time.

Jeffrey Jessup likes this.
  19. JPTuck

JPTuck Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've noticed since moving from the Rav to a Prius C I do attract more dysfunctional drivers than usual. I just bite my tongue, keep to the right where possible and don't give them any extra reasons to display any more of their truly mediocre driving skills. Someday I plan to build a sleeper Prius - leave the body buy change to a supercharged 6 under the hood with a custom suspension to match. Love to see the expression on the faces of some of these expensive European cars when they get their a-- handed to them by a Prius :)

20. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Or, instead of exacerbating the problem, you could go the other way, and put a flashy body on your Prius drive train, get all the economic and environmental advantages, while blending in with the local jerks.