1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I programmed a used Key Fob for SKS but doesn't work for immobilizer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by suirPPrius123, Apr 25, 2021.

1. suirPPrius123

suirPPrius123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    [​IMG]

I succesfuly got the SKS programmed and working with techstream on a used key that I procured, but when I try to program the immobilizer with techstream, I keep getting the attached error.

Has anyone encountered this error?

What should I do to fix it?

2007 prius with techstream 16.00.020

Attached Files:

PriusbySurprise and mr_guy_mann like this.
  2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I assume that you have another fully functional key fob. Turn off the SKS button under the dash. Put the functioning key fob in the dash slot- can you power up the car to Ready? If you can then the problem is with your replacement fob (either a bad or missing RFID chip, people sometimes don't know that they have to swap the chip as well as the remote when putting a new case for the fob.)

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

PriusbySurprise likes this.
  3. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Interesting.. many said the SKS function wouldn't work unless you got it "virginized" or maybe it was renewed? open your case up on the new fob and see if the chip is present. If not I believe you'll need a 4d69 transponder chip.. which can be bought on ebay for $5 i think