1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I put on run-flat tires

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by PT Guy, Jun 30, 2018.

1. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They're working fine. They're a bit noisier and harsher riding, but we're willing to make that trade. The battery travel distance is so close to original that I haven't bother to make a close check. Yes, they can be repaired if they're in good condition after running without air. Bridgestone says that they're good for 50 miles at 50 mph, but then they're junk.

Because the tire won't flatten if it loses air, and I wouldn't know if it lost inflation, it needs the air pressure sensors. I have one (or more) bad sensors that I need to get fixed this week.

mistermojorizin likes this.
  2. mistermojorizin

mistermojorizin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did you notice any improvements with high speed stability? Mine doesn't feel planted going straight at 70mph+ (i've had the dealer do an alignment and test drove a few others on the lot, they all seem to do this to one degree or another, at least that's how it feels to me compared to my previous cars).

Also, does it seem like they'll make it to their 60k tread warranty?

3. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The car has been equally stable with both the original Toyo tires and these Bridgestone DriveGuards. Both felt fine. As noted in a different thread, check the inflation pressure. If that is what the placard on the driver's door jam calls for, then the problem might be intrinsic in the tire model which follows rain grooves in the pavement. Any chance you have the back end loaded heavy?

We aren't high mileage drivers, and we run snow tires in the winter. I haven't been tracking the tread wear, but it seems like the wear is very little.