1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I really like my Prime after six months

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by CraigCSJ, Nov 27, 2017.

1. CraigCSJ

CraigCSJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I drove two PIPs for 72,500 miles averaging 80 MPG with 40% EV driving and planned on keeping the 2015 PIP for ten years. However, my wife wanted my PIP and I said yes.

On May 26, 2017 I purchased my Prius Prime Advanced color Titanium with white interior. The color is not flashy as blue or red, but neither am I, and it is a very pleasing color to me. I replaced the hubcaps with center caps so it was easier to monitor tire pressure which I keep at 38. Initially I was unsure of the design, but each time I walk up to the car I like its design better. To me it is a great looking car.

I figured out how to make a flat full length bed on the passenger side, never have five people in the car, and the back, with seats folded, holds seven large bags of leaves just like the PIP, so its utility is fine for me.

I look forward to each opportunity to drive the car. It is quiet and smooth. The driver seat is very comfortable. The cruise control is exceptional, and at seventy eight I appreciate the many warning beeps. All the features work as the manual indicates.

The efficiency is tops. I regularly get around 32 miles of EV driving. I only plug in at my two solar equipped homes which are sixty miles apart, and bought a second charge cord so no need to move a cord. After about 7,000 miles, my average gas use is 130 MPG with 74% EV driving. The car says it has averaged 5.8 miles per Kwh which seems good to me. On a 600 mile trip with only a starting full battery charge the car averaged 65 MPG using cruise control set at 65 MPH.

I am totally satisfied with my Prius Prime. (And my wife is happy with her PIP.)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    at 62, i'm feeling rather inferior.:unsure:

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My 8 months and 17 days with the Prime have been great as well. 7,438 miles so far. Still working on the 2nd home 60 miles away.

benagi likes this.