1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I really messed up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wek, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are other options depending on you skill level. Do some research here, dying traction battery’s seem to be quite common lately

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Before you just glibly start casting criminal aspersions, be aware that you are comparing apple to oranges there. For $800 you get a bunch of old and used battery modules cobbled together using who know what processes, that may last anywhere from a month to a couple of years; whereas for $4,000 you get a brand new set of factory fresh modules installed in your car with a 3 year warranty and your car will have 10 or more worry free years of life, as far as the HV battery goes.

I don't know how recently you got that price of $4,000, but that is a bit high. A more reasonable range would be $2,600 - $3,200 depending on whether they needed to also replace the HV battery ECU. So, you have room to haggle for a better price.

As Skibob said above, there are also other options.

Food for thought?

Skibob, Raytheeagle and jerrymildred like this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I could not have said it better myself. (y)(y)(y)