1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I really wish the dealer told/showed me...(post your wishes)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Weirdo23, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ralleia

ralleia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG

That is about the coolest tip EVER!

(But I had to actually get up and retrieve my keys from the key organizer rack to try it out.) :)

2. Luvsibes

Luvsibes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

3. Luvsibes

Luvsibes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Dragonfly13...I now know where the mechanical key is! Is that what you leave with a valet, etc?

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, the valet needs the electronic fob part or the car won't start. He meant to detach the fob and give that to the valets. Keep the mechanical key and all the other keys attached with you. ;)

SCH-I535

5. Nora

Nora Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Luvsibes, you can't lock your electronic key in the car, unless it malfunctions. Page 90 of the 2013 manual says that. I know that one time I tried to lock the car with key outside the car, but the car still "on", and it just beeped at me. The car was brand new, and the whole startup and shutdown was still a bit mysterious. I'd suggest taking both of your keys with you, leave one outside the car but several feet away, and try all the other things with the other key. Try locking your key inside, both using the spot on the handle and using the lock button inside on the door. There's nothing like doing something to make it clear. With the second key nearby, you won't worry about actually succeeding and locking your key inside!

I would leave my purse in my old car all the time and just take my keys. Getting out of that habit now. I could get my key out of my purse and still leave the purse, but it seems easier just to take the purse.

6. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Now that is cool. Just tried it.
    One thing I did read....Leave your car & AC on and lock your door with the key.
    It will being running on battery most of the time.
    Found out you need to use the key to get back in the car. Used this when I had some pies I did not want to melt in the car.

SCH-I535 ? 2

7. jgilliam1955

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good advice! Thanks

SCH-I535 ? 2

8. jgilliam1955

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Worked great!

SCH-I535 ? 2

9. Luvsibes

Luvsibes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

10. Luvsibes

Luvsibes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Nora. I've been taking my purse also. It's generally not a good idea to leave it in the car under any circumstances anyway!

11. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

Not sure if this is still relevant, but you could rent one for a few days and see if you like it! I hope you do because the Prius is an amazing car and I've had mine two years and may keep it for 15 more!

12. longislandprius

longislandprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wish they confessed that the Bluetooth is super buggy and often doesn't synch well with phones... even phones on the "compatible list". I want to pitch the Bluetooth out the window!

hoping there's a remote chance the Bluetooth can communicate via usb :unsure:

13. Princess9483

Princess9483 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really wish the dealer would have told me that there was spare trunk space under the cargo floor board and where to find the spare (I still don't know!).

14. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish the dealer would have told me that in order for the vanity mirror lights to turn on, you must slide the mirror open (even when they are in the "on" position). The salesman didn't know that either, nor did the fellow at the Toyota dealership's front Service desk. It's in the manual but when I bought the car the manual was not in it and had to be ordered. Bet the mechanic laughed his patootie off when I brought it in special to have them changed out. Wasted 40 mi. trip, but with a Prius, who cares? :p Now here's something that I'm glad the dealer didn't know: that my "new" used Prius has the premium JBL 9/spkr stereo with multi disk changer. Found that out after bringing it home and finding the original inventory list still folded up in the g/c. Pkg. 5 w/leather and fog lamps.

Daddyjeph likes this.
  15. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Princess9483,

To find your spare tire (unless the former owner removed it), just lift out the entire tool/storage tray and you should find it right there (bolted in place so it doesn't bounce around & rattle). Also, in that top tray there is a slot to store your rear cargo compartment cover (the one that slides closed like a window shade). It's a little awkward doing it, but it fits right in there.

When you find the spare, you might as well check the air pressure. It's likely that it hasn't been done in a long time. It won't be any good to you in an emergency if it's soft. I think it's supposed to have 60 PSI of pressure (it should be marked on the sidewall of the spare). It's a space saver spare, not made for high speed (50 MPH or less) or for long distances (just to get you to a tire shop or home until you can get to a tire shop or garage).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

16. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I wish the dealer would have reminded us about the reverse beeping noise. I had a 2012 prius which I had them turn it off. when my wife bought her 2013 prius persona, i forgot about the beeping and had to do it at her oil change at 5,000 miles. kinda annoying.

17. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why would they? It's a safety feature which you chose to disable. It's there for a reason. Still, when ypou picked up the new car, they should have went over it, when they showed you the features on delivery.

However, like you, I disabled mine, and the seatbelt beep. I find them annoying as well, and work fine with the 1 beep reverse and the quiet seatbelt (I always wear my seatbelt, but sometimes when a passenger gets in the car and doesn't buckle up right away it set the beep off, that's why I got rid of it)

Didn't you notice it when the car was picked up?

18. Nora

Nora Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One beep reverse? I thought it was all or nothing. Do tell, please. Is this a RTFM issue, or search the board issue? I'd like a beep to remind me I'm in reverse, but the constant beeping is quite annoying.

19. Fluxuated

Fluxuated Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the 2011, it's 1 beep to let you know you are in reverse, that's it. No constant annoying BEEP BEEP BEEP Crap. The Seatbelt beep is completely gone, it's silent. I have no reason to think the 2012 or 2013 would be any different. Hope this helps.

20. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll find descriptions of this and other custom settings available in the manual under "customization".