1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I really wish the dealer told/showed me...(post your wishes)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Weirdo23, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Annette

Annette New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I asked where the battery was, my dealer showed me the 12v in the cargo place and said that "it".

2. da_bears

da_bears New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That only certain iPods work with the Nav built in USB interface. I wasted hours trying to figure out why my iPod would not save its place on where I was at in an audio book.

After figuring out my iPod was not supported and purchasing a new one, everything is fine.

3. TyAtkinson

TyAtkinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A explanation about why there is a map button on the steering wheel.

4. imolas54

imolas54 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    that i can customize the back up beeping!!!

5. phineasboggs

phineasboggs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, how often do I need to get the battery charged so I must know where and how (I have always been able to jump a regular car's battery, but this wasn't a concern in any car) to do this? Reading this list I'm beginning to think the Prius is a big experiment and project car, similar to owning a sailboat! Sailboats are always work. I just want to drive my new car and be okay!

6. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, the battery's not where you might expect it to be, and it's sort of difficult to get to the battery with a dead battery, (if you get my drift). You might want to know about the "other way" to jump the battery.

7. phineasboggs

phineasboggs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like good information to have, but when I hear that up-front, I worry that there have been lots of early dead batteries <g>. And, if I get a Prius, I guess that'll be high on my list . . . now!

But, tell me has your Prius been a perpetual project? Reports are that they are dependable, and that's my first requirement. I want dependable, virtually no maintenance except oil changes etc. And I don't plan to wash my own car either. Right now, my car is being scrubbed by the first massive Florida monsoon of the season. That's my usual washing technique.

8. kysee

kysee New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking for a quality car parts for Toyota!

9. pb45

pb45 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bought my Prius yesterday. It is an '08 with 3500 miles. Don't know what package it is, but it's got more on it than I was expecting to get!
    I appreciate all the posts on this forum (I actually went thru all 15 pages). I look forward to the day when I'll be able to help. Right now, I'm going thru the manual and what others have said about how this car works.
    Thanks, folks!

10. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I wish I had paid more attention to driving directions... Car was prepped and sitting inside. After all of paperwork and sales rep had given me instructions, he left and opened up bay doors and stood outside... Doors were pn timer to close after a minute. I had so much trouble getting the car in drive... I think the guy had to open the doors 4 different times... We were both laughing....[​IMG]

11. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's a difference between knowing the features and making them work. My salesman knew all about the features the V with ATP but when he try the reverse parking and the parallel parking... FAIL. They take advantage of the "No Cooling Off Period"

12. BlizzP10

BlizzP10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I picked up my 2010 Prius II just 6 hours ago. I came armed with questions I put together from this particular thread. Thanks to everyone for posting their "I-really-wish-dealer-told-showed-me" comments. They were very helpful. A number of the questions stumped the salesman and he brushed them off as things I didn't need to know.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nothing. it's a car, just like any car. you get in. you start it and you drive away. and the best part? you get 50-60 mpg in the process!;)

14. OSuzyQ828

OSuzyQ828 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel the "closer" basically lied to me that because we were buying a "certified" vehicle, he couldn't give me the same price on the extended warranty if we called one week later and said "sign me up"; car only had 29,000 miles, but again, he never said we could wait until 36,000 to get the warranty and especially since we specifically asked the put in service date which was May 2009 BECAUSE it was 7 yrs or 100,000 (which the 7 yrs could have come in 5 years or 6 big difference) - and, that he charged us $95 for "disappearing deductible" but that was 0 deductible only if we brought it to their dealership - which is 90 miles away (central Illinois doesn't have a lot of used Prius for sale.

Anyway, I had already done research about mpg, actual/realworld mpg, battery replacement, costs of maintenance and repairs, other reviews about comfort and space, but that extended warranty thing (which I swore I would NEVER buy again as I did for my 2003 Ford Taurus and it would have been cheaper not to) threw me for a loop. I looked it up the next day after buying the car and found yes I could have gotten it cheaper. Still debating canceling what they sold me, get the refund and buy someplace else. Has anyone ever done that?

Other than that, I thought it was funny when going through the manuals that the original sticker was folded in one of the manuals, and having originally test drove a 2010, knew about the smart key - and found on the sticker that this car had that package with JBL sound, Bluetooth, smart key! but the dealer didn't use it, didn't tell me the car had it, didn't have it listed on the internet description with it. Ha!

15. PriusTech

PriusTech Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't worry

It's mostly just like a normal modern car when it comes to the 12V battery. You don't normally have to charge either the drive battery or the 12V battery. Just like any modern car you have to be careful about polarity if you ever run the 12V battery down and have to jump it. And the jumper connection is under the hood while the battery is in the back. There's very specific instructions in the owner's manual.

The only difference is you can't jump another car's battery with a Prius the way it's normally done. There's info elsewhere in this forum about how to do that.

16. Rescue2cop

Rescue2cop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have the lojack system in my patrol car and in the three years I have had it recovered several vehicles and we area rural area. So I say get it. What very few people know that it also works with cell phone towers to triangulate your vehicles positiong with in 15 miles. If Lojack didn't didn't put them in your local police cars they will still send their company cars with them to the cell tower hit area to help the police find your car. They take that 96 percent recovery rate in the first 24 hrs seriously, always trying to make it 100 percent. In reference to your insurance discount some do but not all insurance companies give the discount so call ahead.

17. PriusTech

PriusTech Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can try getting any dealer to cut a manual blank to the VIN registered key code. But if they didn't register the new code when they changed the lock then you need to go to a locksmith and get them to either make a key from the lock or re-key the lock to a new key.

18. ar9080

ar9080 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wish my dealer, Joe Myers in Houston, had not lied to me that my pre owned 2010 was in fact previously a rental (owned by Hertz). I wish they had told me what I beat out of Toyota: that the gas tank/gauge of the 2010 was still not designed to be completely accurate.

19. Prius O Matic

Prius O Matic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ...that there was a no-name driving mode aside from 'EV', 'Eco' & 'PWR'. I stumbled on it by accident and it is the compromising driving environment I prefer. Would have saved me a several day buyers remorse episode.

However...I really did learn a lot about how to drive this really nice, gas sipping golf cart. :D

Pandus13 and idbug like this.
  20. three2chuz@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That things "just seem to happen" with the car. This morning the dashboard speedometer/fuel gauge display just stopped working when I put the headlights on. I'vd had the car since December. First time it's happened and we can't seem to reverse it.

Also, it seems we have to go back to the dealer (not an easy task because we live on an island) to get the damn back up beeper to go off. Who the heck needs a beeper inside the car --- I KNOW I'm backing up!