1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I sold another 2010 today!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Rangerdavid, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    To a family member!! we are now a 3 prius extended family. Since the Prius Detroit trip, I could not get a new car right now, but two of my sisters in law have. One just got a blue (ribbon?) 2010 Prius III today, the other sister in law got one a week or so ago. Both in West Virginia.

And, the most surprising thing, they both LOVED the new Prius commercials. I had not been hearing lots of good feedback on the commercials, but hay, I like 'em. To each his own.

I'm just happy to be helping people join the Prius family..... even if they're my extended family!! :D

RD

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had understood that the Prius Priority Pre-Order offer was transferable or assignable to family members, although I never knew what PPP's definition of "family" was. I wonder if you could have saved one of your Prius-buying family members some money.

3. Peak Oil Aware

Peak Oil Aware New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Cool, good job! My brother is strongly considering one; its always a neat feeling when you are able to sell to family.

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Too bad you didn't get a volume discount because your "family" bought more than one.

Keiht

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Would have been nice... my dad bought his 2010 a few days after I got mine (I took him to the LA event) - they traded in their 2006. My aunt/uncle have a 2006 as well, but are holding out for 2011+ for economical reasons, waiting for 1st year bugs, possible LiIon or plug in, etc.

My co-worker who rode in mine a year or so ago and then bought one a week later took a ride in my 2010 last week and said that it was the version/type of car he really wanted vs. settling for his 2008. He's considering giving his 2008 to his GF and buying a 2010. Another co-worker has a 2006+ and needs another car, considering either a 2009, 2010, or a Mini-cooper. Trying to steer them to a 2010 unless money keeps them @ 2009.

It's an easy sell once people have a chance to experience the car. Once you get one, chances are also pretty high that you'll be a repeat buyer.

7. PriusSkeptic

PriusSkeptic New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The people on the bridge of the Starship Enterprius are very pleased!

Boldly go where many 50 mpger's have gone before!