1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I sure am going to miss my baby

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Moore, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Steve Moore

Steve Moore New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm moving to Australia in a few weeks and the steering wheel on my beloved Prius is on the wrong side--she can't go. In consideration that I live in the boonies (Florida Keys), I'd planned on selling her through CarMax. Reconsidering that option after having an appraisal lowballed at $3,500 below KBB and Edmonds trade-in values.

I've enjoyed three years of lurking on this site. Although her personality my be lacking compared to my 30 year old Porsche 911, the Gen III is an amazing vehicle in all regards. I remember thinking a few days after bring my new baby home "oh shit, this car is so good I'll never be able to justify owning anything other than a Prius". 2-1/2 years later, my feelings have not changed a bit. Fortunately for me, my wife still prefers those ridiculous SUVs. image.jpg image.jpg

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I hope you can find a suitable owner to give your baby a good home.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    she's a beauty! how long are you going for?

4. Steve Moore

Steve Moore New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A few hours with the clay bar followed by a coat of Zaino makes her look like new. If all goes well, I'll be in Australia for two to three years. Going to a place called Gladstone, 300 miles north of Brisbane.

5. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Selling to a private party will be your best bet. Someone will snatch it up in a heart beat... for your asking price.
    Hope you enjoy it "Down Under" and the best of luck.
    BTW, don't be alarmed when the toilet swirls in reverse !

Steve Moore likes this.
  6. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's going to be warm up there.

7. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are you standing on your head or What? :)

8. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It is up there from Brisbane.

9. Steve Moore

Steve Moore New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The weather should not be much of an adjustment. Like the Florida Keys, Glandstone is situated at Latitude 23 degrees south and enjoys a warm wet summer and a mild dry winter just like we do here. Speaking of latitude and the Prius, I have a photo of my navigation display that I took while sitting in my driveway. During my drive home that evening, my navi display was set to display my global position in degrees latitude and longitude. Driving south and watching the seconds tickoff from the latitude display, I had an OCD moment and calculated that one second of latitude is equal to 33 feet of the earth's surface. I pulled into my driveway and my jaw dropped. The Latitude displayed 25 00' 00". I then calculated that about 25 homes in the US exist on this thin line and half of them are on my side of my street. I figure that three people live in each of these homes and that I may be the only one with an awareness of being on the line other than my wife and she could care less. Therefore, I must be special. If anyone can appreciate my little story, it would be a Prius driver. I'll be sure to report back on the toilet swirl.

AlinaH_RD and p00kienrayray like this.