1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I think I broke my EBH even before installing?!?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by SLO Cat Wrangler, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I generally don't have the time or patience to do it "properly." For some reason, American brand teas are nasty, but tea you buy in Canada is good.

Once, waiting in line at a local Safeway, I noticed the two women in ahead of me had their cart full of Red Rose tea boxes. I joked with them if they thought the end of the world was near

Actually, they had driven up from Lincoln, Nebraska, to visit relatives in Winnipeg. Turns out they always stocked up on Red Rose tea, and Malkins jam, before returning.

It drives me INSANE when I'm at a coffee place, and some hillbilly uses the same spoon to do that. For all I know, he used the spoon somewhere else. I risk burns to my finger and stir it myself, rather than trust the spoon

You're a fancy gentleman. I'm nowhere near that sophisticated. I'd be lucky to find 3 cups that matched ...

2. cheeper

cheeper Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    an Aunt of mine got me one of those single cup coffee makers.

Keurig - Single cup coffee maker – coffee brewer, gourmet coffee, gourmet tea, K-Cups

Yes, it makes nice coffee, but I'm too cheap to spend upwards of 80 cents Cdn to make a cup of coffee.

It also quickly dispenses hot water, so I use it to make instant coffee. For the most part it sits alone and lonely in a corner of my kitchen

I LOVE the Keurig!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a k-cup or a K-Kap you can buy to use your own coffee. It makes the BEST coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

3. Mjolinor

Mjolinor New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Without doubt and with absolutely no exceptions the best coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak.

Sadly I am running out of it and the only way to get more at a reasonable price is to go back to Indonesia and buy it. It will last longer than expected as I have no coffee machine at the moment owing to over enthusiastic cleaning.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep I also have that thing - thought it would be better that using the pricey k-cups or just using it as a glorified hot water dispenser. I found it makes a bit of a mess in the unit though, the top part that clamps down.

If I know I'll be working from home, then I'll just brew a pot. If I know I'll be out and about, I use the Keurig to brew just a cup or two

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I feel your pain ....

Although putting a small pot on the stove with 2-4 tablespoons of coffee and water does work, I have to warn you that the resulting coffee is powerful stuff.

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a plunger and boiled water from my electric kettle to make coffee from ground beans but life is too short to mess with that stuff so Nescafe instant does the job for me.
    CoffeeX have the best coffee.

I only had a couple of bought coffees in the US and found they were too weak but I like strong coffee.

Attached Files:

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ah, a coffee press. An Aunt of mine has one, once you get used to that stuff, the world is a different place.

I suppose in a pinch if you have a rusted bolt on a car, just pour a cup of that stuff on it .... Presto, no more rust!

8. SLO Cat Wrangler

SLO Cat Wrangler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Actually it does not get very cold here, but I am hoping that by pre-warming the car before my morning drive, I'll get a little better millage. There also maybe some trips to where it gets cold so it would be nice there. I know that the price of gas is also not that high, but I just like the idea of getting a few more miles per gallon.

Also, thanks for all the info on tea and coffee. I would not have expected it. You all have exceeded my expectation and thus I have forgotten I burned up my first EBH.

Steve

9. cheeper

cheeper Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah poop, it looks like you just remembered it!!
    Hey, another advantage, a warm engine wears less.

11. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Steve

Well, look on the bright side: you also got a great education on how to perform basic electrical checks!

jay

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, I have the brown "my K-Cup." It really doesn't screw down, there are tabs you have to align, twist about 40 degrees, and it locks.

I don't think I've used the "my K-Cup" thing a dozen times in the past year. I either use a K-Cup or just use it to make hot water for instant coffee